Turn on thread page Beta

how to apply for voluntary work in a charity shop watch

Announcements
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    i want to do something useful this summer and so i was thinking about volunteering a few days a week in a local charity shop, there are several near me some for cancer and animal charities and others such as the British heart foundation and oxfam. oxfam at the moment is my favourite choice so my question is how do i go about applying for voluntary work there?
    do i just walk in to the shop and ask and do you need a CV when applying for voluntary work?

ReputationRep:
    Star by finding the email of the store manager at wherever you want to go. Then send a covering email and attach your CV as well, its mainly for contact info. In your info explain briefly what you want to do and what sort of times.

(Original post by tgwktm)
    i want to do something useful this summer and so i was thinking about volunteering a few days a week in a local charity shop, there are several near me some for cancer and animal charities and others such as the British heart foundation and oxfam. oxfam at the moment is my favourite choice so my question is how do i go about applying for voluntary work there?
    do i just walk in to the shop and ask and do you need a CV when applying for voluntary work?
    That's a really lovely idea! You should probably make up a CV, yes although if they do want help, I'm sure they won't mind if you are a little inexperienced. The best way to apply is just to walk in, hand them your CV and ask them to get back to you. Making the effort to turn up in person will give the right impression. Good luck.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.