Turn on thread page Beta

There is a gym rants thread, but not everytime I go to the gym do I have a rant and sometimes I leave proud of beasting some huge weight or beating someone in a lift-off.

My first gym victory is since I have been back at the gym I have gotten beginners gains all over again,

Since I returned I have gone up on my standard weights:

30kg on my squat,
    40kg on my leg press

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rugger Bugger)
    My first gym victory is since I have been back at the gym I have gotten beginners gains all over again,

Since I returned I have gone up on my standard weights:

30kg on my squat,
    40kg on my leg press
    Gotta love muscle memory . I started a thread like this on another forum I frequent, worked great for motivation. Add pics/vids of your PB's if you can too.

(Original post by History_Boys)
    How much can you bench 8-10 reps of?
    At the moment I'm on 90kg 3 x 8.

(Original post by meathead1987)
    Gotta love muscle memory . I started a thread like this on another forum I frequent, worked great for motivation. Add pics/vids of your PB's if you can too.
    Started back on the 27th June and practically back at original strength, love it.

I'm not really sure if i'm making good progress or not, i started about 9 months ago and have gone from just the bar to 8 reps of 55kg. So presumably in another year i will be doing about 80-90kg is that good?
    55kg is bascically what the average guy at the gym lifts whatever age so I see no reason why you cant lift more. I think you will probably hit a plateau at around 70kg and might need some creatine to push you over.

ReputationRep:
    rugger bugger..would like to have a gym session with you! we're on the same level..need a gym buddy?

(Original post by crazyjagged)
    rugger bugger..would like to have a gym session with you! we're on the same level..need a gym buddy?
    When I'm in London I'm joining the UoL union energybase I think (unless there is another choice close to SOAS), so in September by all means :p:

ReputationRep:
    are you starting uni in september or are you already in uni? i'll be going kings in september so its not far at all! btw which gyms have you looked into during uni? whats membership costs like?

(Original post by crazyjagged)
    are you starting uni in september or are you already in uni? i'll be going kings in september so its not far at all! btw which gyms have you looked into during uni? whats membership costs like?
    Im going to SOAS in september.

The only one I have looked at is the ULU gym, although I think that since UCL and Kings are close then I could use thier gyms. I should be trying out for London Nigerians because they are partnered with SOAS so maybe I can use their gym.

Energybase at the ULU is £250 per annum, but I dont know how good the facilities are, I have the sneaking suspicion that they will be a bit poor. I am more than willing to go to a gym a couple of miles away, force a jog each morning!

Won't take creatine, i'll jst increase my mass and have more protein and carbs in my diet. Yer, i reckon i'll be able to do 1 rep of 70 my end of summer if i'm lucky and strict with myself.
    Dont discount it, I am not in favour of using it before a plateau but to get one over it I think is fine.

Before I got a lil bit sidetracked I was going to add a second gym victory =

Gym Victory number 2

I just had the most killer session I'm pretty sure ever, even the most intense training sessions don’t match. I shared a bench with this built, but pretty innocuous guy who turned out to be this Iranian champion wrestler the guy was so strong it was silly, he coaches wrestling at UoL or something. Friendliest guy in the world so we trained together which was such a HUGE mistake (but in a good way).

He started benching my 1RM as a standard :rolleyes:, then he got me doing some ludicrous amounts after I had done my 3 x 8, I lost count but I ended up doing something like 12 x 10 at 75kg then straight onto dumbell pressing, skullcrushers, some weird triceps variant, dips, barbell skullcrushers kinda, another barbell triceps thing. Anyway I worked it out roughly and it totalled about 20,360kg which is roughly 44,792lbs for one workout.

I am shattered but in a good way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rugger Bugger)

Anyway I worked it out roughly and it totalled about 20,360kg which is roughly 44,792lbs for one workout.
    thats like 370 of me :p:

ReputationRep:
    not a direct victory. but one of my clients increased his 1rm sqaut by 50kg in 1 month. he was happy and i was happy for him. was pretty amazing tbh. ive never seen such fast development. maybe muscle memory played a part, i dont know.

(Original post by ClareR)
    thats like 370 of me :p:
    370.... or 3 :p:

ReputationRep:
    rugger bugger what rugby club and school do you play for? i may have played you!

Filtonian ;yes;

I might of, ever competed in st.Josephs or daily mail? I was down pethy 7's (profile pic)

ReputationRep:
    I got a kinda wow moment just now :P

I haven't been exercising for almost a month, started to go the the gym again on Friday last week, checked my weight then, and I was 81 kg. It is Tuesday now, and my weight is 78 kg. i.e. 3 kg loss over 5 days!

That is a new record for me. It's almost as great as my previous record of weight gain -- 4 kg gain in a week.

Go me!

ReputationRep:
    i play for rosslyn park. not sure if we've played you. but yeh our school was in the daily mail cup and most of the 7's tournaments..didnt do that great really..btw are you the guy on the right holding the ball or on the left or middle? confusing pic..

Its three pics, Im the one with the ball, got tackled in the last pic. EDIT : (swoooping one handed hand off, av it.)

06/07 we got to the 5th round SW where we got beaten by St.Peters narrowly which took the piss but we beat QEH so a little solace.

39 - 0
    50 - 0
    36 - 0
    27 - 3 (QEH)
    11 -14

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.