Turn on thread page Beta

I'm scared. watch

Announcements

Well done with your A-levels everyone - it scares me to think that it is all ahead of me.

I'm waiting for my GCSE results and it's just started to get annoying, frustrating etc. I predict I'll get 1 A*, 7 As, 2 Bs at worst, and 8 A*s and 2 As at best - so somewhere in between. To be honest I am not worried about my actual results, I'm worried about what my mates will get and wether my teachers will hate me for not getting the grade they predicted I should. Most of my mates will probably get close to all A*s and I know I could have done but for some reason I very much doubt I will; I can't explain it but I am scared that they will do better than me - I don't want to be embarassed to tell them my results because all year I've been hyped to get all A*s but this won't happen. God's sake, I sound really arrogant. I just don't know what to expect, how the examiner reacts to my writing, how many silly mistakes I've made, wether in English the examiner will just dismiss it as pretentious nonsense - I write loads, and loads - they might think I'm just some kind of pretentious sod. Also, for some reason, a B or less I see as a scar on my results - christ's sake that's stupid but that's how I think, mainly because that's how my mates think and that's how they'll think if/when I get any Bs or less. And all these success stories make me think there is no point in trying if you're not the best - you only get noticed by anyone if you are; I hate thinking like this.

Comment's from teachers that were nice at the time but are now making me feel like shite:

"I'll be dissapointed if you don't get an A*" - Maths

"There's no question about it, you WILL get an A*" - French

"Ha, your working at a-level standard, an A* is nothing to you" - English

etc etc etc - AGhghghh - and if I don't? I know A* is great,fantastic and rewarding but it is a real pain, a real burden and is becomming increasingly de-valued by people like me who talk about such a grade without thinking "hey - its like an A but with a star meaning it's an incredible A". I hate A*, but don't mind getting it.

Bloody friends - they are always more lucky, fortunate and generally better than me, I think. Oh hang on, not in the coursework, but that doesnt really matter,doing better than them in courseowork is just to get my hopes up, for them to be dashed - why do I care about beating them???

The compliment's were nice, the prediction of all A*s looked wonderful - but to not achieve what has been predicted - to fail to attain perfection is apparently a crap thing according to my mind and the minds of other's who have been subjected to our teachers.

I conclude with one word:

Help.

ReputationRep:
    hey don't worry about it, your teachers won't hate you if you don't get all A*s . As for friends, everyone tends to compare themselves to their friends.

When i did my GCSE's i was predicted to get a's and a*s and my friend phoned me in the morning and told me that she had be invited in to school early to get her picture taken as she had done so well, she had 8a*s and 2 a's. me and my friend always used to get similar grades as we used to compete with each other, so i thought that i must have done quite well too :confused: , but not as good as her as i was'nt called in. for my results i got 3 a*s(double sci and r.e.), 5 a's(maths, english lang. and lit, geo, bus stdes), b(french) and a c (in art). even though i did well i was upset that i didnt do as well as some of my friends. however, not getting a*s is not the end of the world, u can go on to get great grades at alevel, besides there isnt that much diff. between an a and an a*. just to prove it, i got 5 a's for my aslevels , (beating my friend, who have moved schools to go to a grammar) and then i got aab in my alevels.

ReputationRep:
    You're the last person who should be worrying about anything. You got it all going for you so do yourself a favour and start looking forward to FE, beit college, sixth form, whatever.

Also, it sucks to be worried about what the teachers will think of you / your results! Just put it out of your mind, 'cos you're going to do brilliantly regardless

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I know exactly how you feel, my teachers were exactly the same with me, but I couldn't be bothered to do any revision, i spent hours and hours last summer trying to guess my results, pondering which papers had gone really bad etc. Then I got my results and got 11 A* and 1 A! I was only beaten by a Chinese girl who got 11.5 A* and 1 A 'cos she did a GCSE in Catonese but it meant that I was second best which is better 'cos no-one will be bitter!
    Please don't worry, you will be cool!
    J

(Original post by Jess)
    Hey!
    I know exactly how you feel, my teachers were exactly the same with me, but I couldn't be bothered to do any revision, i spent hours and hours last summer trying to guess my results, pondering which papers had gone really bad etc. Then I got my results and got 11 A* and 1 A! I was only beaten by a Chinese girl who got 11.5 A* and 1 A 'cos she did a GCSE in Catonese but it meant that I was second best which is better 'cos no-one will be bitter!
    J

Help - sometimes I feel like I could be pleasently suprised - other times I feel like I could be suprised at how bad I did (or how far away from predictions).

I just don't know and it's pissing me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess)
    Hey!
    J
    Wow!!!

BTW Aren't you the friend of Leekey (Matt/Matthew) who is going to Cambridge?

(Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Wow!!!

BTW Aren't you the friend of Leekey (Matt/Matthew) who is going to Cambridge?

No sweetie, I think you have the wrong Jess!!!

Unless it is Jess, in which case, how the f**k did you know I use this site and how did you post on here? I was with you almost all day....???!!!???..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    No sweetie, I think you have the wrong Jess!!!

Unless it is Jess, in which case, how the f**k did you know I use this site and how did you post on here? I was with you almost all day....???!!!???..lol
    oh ok...I was hoping someone you know in real life could give me the scoop on the real Leekey....

Any chance of you logging on to MSN to let me know how the drinking spree went? ( :mad: I hate alchcol)

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.