Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in English Independence? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What about Alfred The Great and Rufus?

Wasn't the Norman's not really part of France back in the 1000s anyway?
    Normandy was semi independant if i remember rightly, and the Normans were the descendants of earlier viking types i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Normandy was semi independant if i remember rightly, and the Normans were the descendants of earlier viking types i think.
    All I heard was that the French were kicking out the Normans when some 'high men' invited William over, and some didn't want it because they wanted the throne.

May be this expains the love/hate thing with the current French people today?

When were the last rulers of true Celt origin? I guess that far back the Celts in this land who were 'pure' (as in 100% ethnically 'English') didn't have rulers back then?

ReputationRep:
    All I heard was that the French were kicking out the Normans when some 'high men' invited William over, and some didn't want it because they wanted the throne.

May be this expains the love/hate thing with the current French people today?

When were the last rulers of true Celt origin? I guess that far back the Celts in this land who were 'pure' (as in 100% ethnically 'English') didn't have rulers back then?
    The Norman line which came to rule England had a claim to French lands which is what led to all the wars. As to the last celtic ruler this was MacBeth in terms of both culture and ancestors, his usupers were of his family but were anglicised and his fall was pretty much the beginning of the end for celtic culture in northern Britain.

ReputationRep:
    The Norman line which came to rule England had a claim to French lands which is what led to all the wars. As to the last celtic ruler this was MacBeth in terms of both culture and ancestors, his usupers were of his family but were anglicised and his fall was pretty much the beginning of the end for celtic culture in northern Britain.
    I suppose do you know anything with respect to southern Britain?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose do you know anything with respect to southern Britain?
    Im unsure as regards southern britain, youd do well to look up the cymric rebellions for any trace of the last southern celtic rulers.

ReputationRep:
    ppppp

ReputationRep:
    Im unsure as regards southern britain, youd do well to look up the cymric rebellions for any trace of the last southern celtic rulers.
    pppppppp

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.