This discussion is closed.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What about Alfred The Great and Rufus?

Wasn't the Norman's not really part of France back in the 1000s anyway?
Normandy was semi independant if i remember rightly, and the Normans were the descendants of earlier viking types i think.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Normandy was semi independant if i remember rightly, and the Normans were the descendants of earlier viking types i think.
All I heard was that the French were kicking out the Normans when some 'high men' invited William over, and some didn't want it because they wanted the throne.

May be this expains the love/hate thing with the current French people today?

When were the last rulers of true Celt origin? I guess that far back the Celts in this land who were 'pure' (as in 100% ethnically 'English') didn't have rulers back then?
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
All I heard was that the French were kicking out the Normans when some 'high men' invited William over, and some didn't want it because they wanted the throne.

May be this expains the love/hate thing with the current French people today?

When were the last rulers of true Celt origin? I guess that far back the Celts in this land who were 'pure' (as in 100% ethnically 'English') didn't have rulers back then?
The Norman line which came to rule England had a claim to French lands which is what led to all the wars. As to the last celtic ruler this was MacBeth in terms of both culture and ancestors, his usupers were of his family but were anglicised and his fall was pretty much the beginning of the end for celtic culture in northern Britain.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Norman line which came to rule England had a claim to French lands which is what led to all the wars. As to the last celtic ruler this was MacBeth in terms of both culture and ancestors, his usupers were of his family but were anglicised and his fall was pretty much the beginning of the end for celtic culture in northern Britain.
I suppose do you know anything with respect to southern Britain?
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I suppose do you know anything with respect to southern Britain?
Im unsure as regards southern britain, youd do well to look up the cymric rebellions for any trace of the last southern celtic rulers.
Economics
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ppppp
Economics
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im unsure as regards southern britain, youd do well to look up the cymric rebellions for any trace of the last southern celtic rulers.
pppppppp
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (31)
20%
No (124)
80%

Watched Threads