Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon_98's Summer Bucket List. ~ Watch

ReputationRep:
    1. Train myself to become a happier + more positive person.

Possible steps to help me get there:

Change the way I think by approaching situations of all kind in a better way.

So, that's my only goal for this summer but it's the most important goal to me and I hope that creating this thread will provide an ongoing reminder to what I need to accomplish. I'll update whenever it's applicable.

Key:

ACHIEVED =

~

So today morning I woke up and decided that I wanted some toast. I put my bread in the toaster, as you do, waited the 1.5 minutes and then I opened the fridge to grab the necessity product for my meal.. Only to find that it wasn't present. That's right, no butter. :zomg:

I don't even know how bc who runs out of butter. :juggle:

Butter's generally one of those things that feels like it automatically replaces itself so to see it not there was... somewhat miraculously unexplainable. :nope:

As someone who likes butter, no, loves butter - I could've broken down into tears over how much the universe hates me + how nothing ever goes my way + how I'm not going to bother feeding myself if the food gods are being horrid + how I'm going to starve for eternity + how I'm going to die + how nobody will attend my hypothetical funeral + how it'll be goodbye Anon for absolute ever. Tbf that's most likely how I would've reacted about a month ago but ohmyg NO. Not today Debra McAllister. :hmmm:

I decided that I would go out and get myself some butter. Yes, I actually made the choice to be an independent human. :awesome:

(jk lol, my parent refused to drive me there. :emo: )

Which was fine bc I'm blessed with a perfectly function-able pair of legs. :lockstock:

I mean, I could've had some cornflakes but I really didn't want that and depriving myself of toast would've just put a downer on my day. I also could've substituted it for a different spread, like Jam, but ew Jam + I don't like anything other than butter on my toast. :no:

.. Simultaneously, the effort to travel all the way to the supermarket felt immense but it was going to be done. :argh:

So after intense deliberation I managed to find the willpower to walk there. I also grabbed some jelly tots on my trip which were 85p for a large 150g pouch thing and I was really pleased bc I thought it was such an amazingly fabulous deal bc they're normally, like, £2.50. Anyway, I also got some strawberry milk, cheese, washing powder liquid gel thingy, some other stuff that I can't remember bc I'm no longer in the kitchen and ooh also some eggs bc we were running out. Even though I hate carrying eggs. :grumble:

You see, I had to carry eggs once and do you know when the carrier bag behaves like an unruly pet and decides to bang against your body despite your efforts to sustain it down the correct path? Well, yes, that was happening and I ignored it and thought it was all going to be okay but when we got home, literally all the eggs in the entire casket.. Casket? I don't know what you call it, that's totally the wrong word. Well yeah, they were all sitting there broken and it was awful bc only 1/3 was salvageable.

It's way past breakfast + lunchtime, infact almost dinner hour, but I'm currently eating ma toast and I'm content.

What could've been the initiation to a horrible day actually turned into a lovely afternoon. The weather was really nice too, like MAJORLY NICE, I even smiled at my neighbour's gardener, walked into a weird shop so I could ask a stranger what the time was AND found two pence on the ground which I obviously picked up bc who doesn't want luck on their side pffttt.. and I'm currently feeling proud of my efforts.

Da da da.

BUTTER OHMYG!

:rofl:

In! :woo: This is gonna be fun to read. :hippie:

ReputationRep:

I usually wake up naturally between 7- 7:30am, the sun is shining, world still silent + you'd think that doing this would provide me an incredibly fulfilling day since it's early + so much time + lots of space to complete things but apparently not bc I always manage to stay in bed up until around 11:30am.

I just lie there without doing anything.

Why?

I don't know.

It's like I literally, physically cannot leave.

Brain: "LIFT YOUR LEG OUT OF BED! PLeeeeaSSSSEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee"
    Body: "nah."

*Body wins*

Personally I don't think that's v fair, surely the most passionate organ should succeed. Why does my brain not prevail. Why is it not strong enough. It's like that child in class who tries really hard throughout the entire semester but still ends up with a worse grade than their classmate who did nothing at all.

It's almost as though my body has been bounded by a secret relationship that I don't know about which swears an oath of never leaving a mattress.

A holy matrimony formed between the flesh of Anon's skin and Dunelm Mill's box spring.

Well, I request to see the documents bc I did not sign up for this.

Perhaps it's bc most of the time it feels like staying in bed would be easier. I mean, the day passes a lot quicker + you don't have to face the terrible world which is a fabulous thought but obviously not possible or an option since there's lots of things that need to be done. :bebored:

It's not even as if there are any benefits to this process. Firstly, I miss breakfast which means I end up having a weird lunch which already ruins everything. Then bc I wasted time, I feel guilty for the entire morning and afternoon. I also almost always manage to develop a headache bc God knows why and it overall just makes me feel like I've had an utterly pointless, terrible, wasteful day... and MISSING BREAKFAST.

So after much thought I realised that I finally needed to try my best to change things. :blah:

How?

Well tbh I didnt know.

..Yet. :teeth:

So yesterday morning the same thing obviously occurred but this time, I was adamant not to burrow in the same spot for over 4 hours. I know that I would be much more optimistic if I had an early start. The mood I begin my day with is down to me + me alone + you generally feel better about yourself as well as more refreshed + that's exactly what I need. I do not need to be dispirited before its even begun bc then what hope do I have for the rest of the 18 hours going my way.:crazy:

So I was lying there, trying to think of ideas + just anything. I mean, I was willing to attempt everything that could save me from this awful routine. Thus I shortly began sorting through my mental notes of the most uplifting + powerful songs, like, ever and the first thing that came to mind was 'Shakira - Try everything.'

So that's exactly what I playedddd. :excited:

It was funny, I usually play my music whilst wearing headphones but in order for this to work it had to be a decent level of loud.

Loud enough so you can barely hear yourself think.

So you can't hear yourself think.

You don't want any thoughts trying to be an obstacle between you and your success that is achieving the lifelong dream of touching your bedroom carpet within 2 minutes of awakening. :moon:

Well, I can proudly say that I got out of bed in under a minute via this method. :awesome:

Infact, 11 seconds.

Yes, I timed myself.

No, I'm not sad. :emo:

Just.. Determined. :hmmm:

(And today it was 7. :zomg: )

Luckily my parent left the house before 6am so I didn't wake anybody up with the sound of several animals singing. :nope:

Which tbh would've been amusing in itself.

Well, I've decided that it's going to be a part of my daily schedule. - A screeching gazelle blasted through the walls at 7:30am every morning.

Hopefully it'll mean I can make more of my day bc that's when I'm at my best since my energy levels are higher which means I'm more likely to be more productive. Plus, it's just so much more peaceful and relaxing at that hour and I'm glad I can now spend time appreciating it. LET'S START MA DAY THE RIGHT WAY. :dance:

It makes me feel a lot more joyous too.

No seriously, try it yourself. :rofl:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I

ReputationRep:

Well, today I went to a photo studio so I could finally get a passport sized photograph of my face.

After sitting in the waiting room area thingy for what felt like hoursssss, the man finally walked through + signalled me to the chair, my parent nodded in approval + I made ma way to the hot seat. :gangster:

So just as I was perfecting my 'neutral expression', the photographer stated that I'd need to push my fringe back.

Excuse me. :curious:

"Yep, so the requirements are pretty strict, love. The area above your eyes need to be wholly in view or it might get sent back. Better to be safe than sorry hahahaha."

No, you know this isn't.. No.. What. No. - I made an effort to look good + now you're telling me that it was for nothing?

AND FYI, THE AREA ABOVE MY EYES IS IN VIEW... Sort of. :emo:

So after wallowing in self pity for, like, 7 seconds (would've been longer but we were in public.) I tried to put my pride aside + pinned back my fringe using my hair. Yeah, I know. - Not even grips bc I don't have grips bc I don't wear grips bc NO grips.

(several minutes later)

"Very nice. Here you go."

I swiftly opened the envelope handed to me as my parent was directed to the tilling point and.. Horrific.

Utterly vile.

I looked so terrible that I was pretty tempted to express my sadness through anger, exaggerate the issue + sulk for an excessive period of time so my parent would take me to a different place that would accept my fringe for the way it is.

It's probably what I would've done if I didn't have this thread always niggling in the back of my mind tbh.

I mean, I was quite honestly already having a bad day + this stupid trip had to make things worse.

Why should I change WHO I AM FOR A PHOTO THO.

But you know, the realisation that I am an 18 year old female, not a 4 year old girl also kinda hit + who actually cares about what I look like on a provisional license.

Well you apparently do, Anon. :dunce:

No, why should I be bothered that the entirety of my eyebrows are in view. Pfttt.. My eyebrows are hot anyway. So rather than feel sorry for myself + kick up a fuss over what was essentially nothing, upon reflection I thought it might be better to just share my awful face with someone I love + spread a smile.

.. So that's exactly what I did instead.

( + it ended up brightening up my mood too, which was a bonus. (': )

ReputationRep:

Um, so yesterday night I got all rather upset + as a result, it unfortunately ended up making me quite ill so I didn't get much rest.

I've already tried to make sure I go to bed earlier to avoid this bc I find that I pretty much fall apart + become absurdly irrational when it's just me + my mind in the never ending darkness but I think I'm going to try + go to sleep even earlier from tonight so it doesn't happen as much.

My bedtime genuinely needs to be, like, 8 o clock.

So if that's what needs to be done, then I suppose that's what I'm going to do.

I realise it's okay not to be okay sometimes but I feel I still need to try + make myself deal with it better bc expressing it on a TSR thread is clearly not the correct way.

It temporarily helps but then you feel even worse than when you initially began. Kinda comparable to taking heroin. - The more you post, the more you need to post, the more your inner self urges you not to post bc it's going to get out of control + before you know it, dozens of people are encouraging you seek professional help.

DRUGS ARE BAD.

So I've been taking painkillers to help + thought the best way to make a change was through meditation + today I spent 4 hours in the garden doing exactly that.

I just really needed to clear my thoughts + try + reach a point of peace with myself as well as a greater perspective on .. everything. I think that it'll make me a more calm individual by enabling me to create acceptance. I love + enjoy it so much + had a really great time so I'll hopefully be able to incorporate it into everyday by doing at least an hour every morning + night.

The clouds looked like they were in dire need of a hug tho, ohmyg just looooook at them:

After that, I took a really long nap ( ) + I think that if I feel like it's ever getting too much in the future then going to bed is the best option, like, ever ever ever (provided that it's actually bedtime, ofc) + beats thinking or talking about anything which is essentially pointless since all it does is keep you down + that's what I'm trying to avoid and you generally feel greater after rest since you're less tired, more reasonable etcccceraaaaaa. Prior to that, it's helpful to remember that I'm still a living, breathing human being + I'm alive + being alive is kinda the best thing bc I can do cool things lyk stretch out my fingers + feel my veins running along my arm. U WOT.

If there's something strangeeeeeeee
    in the neighbourhoudddd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

If there's something weirdddd
    'n it don't look gooddd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

I ain't afraid of no ghosts

If you're seeing thingsssss
    running through your headdddd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

An invisible mannnnnn
    sleeping in your bedd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

What ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)

Um, so yesterday night I got all rather upset + as a result, it unfortunately ended up making me quite ill so I didn't get much rest.

I've already tried to make sure I go to bed earlier to avoid this bc I find that I pretty much fall apart + become absurdly irrational when it's just me + my mind in the never ending darkness but I think I'm going to try + go to sleep even earlier from tonight so it doesn't happen as much.

My bedtime genuinely needs to be, like, 8 o clock.

So if that's what needs to be done, then I suppose that's what I'm going to do.

I realise it's okay not to be okay sometimes but I feel I still need to try + make myself deal with it better bc expressing it on a TSR thread is clearly not the correct way.

It temporarily helps but then you feel even worse than when you initially began. Kinda comparable to taking heroin. - The more you post, the more you need to post, the more your inner self urges you not to post bc it's going to get out of control + before you know it, dozens of people are encouraging you seek professional help.

DRUGS ARE BAD.

So I've been taking painkillers to help + thought the best way to make a change was through meditation + today I spent 4 hours in the garden doing exactly that.

I just really needed to clear my thoughts + try + reach a point of peace with myself as well as a greater perspective on .. everything. I think that it'll make me a more calm individual by enabling me to create acceptance. I love + enjoy it so much + had a really great time so I'll hopefully be able to incorporate it into everyday by doing at least an hour every morning + night.

The clouds looked like they were in dire need of a hug tho, ohmyg just looooook at them:

After that, I took a really long nap ( ) + I think that if I feel like it's ever getting too much in the future then going to bed is the best option, like, ever ever ever (provided that it's actually bedtime, ofc) + beats thinking or talking about anything which is essentially pointless since all it does is keep you down + that's what I'm trying to avoid and you generally feel greater after rest since you're less tired, more reasonable etcccceraaaaaa. Prior to that, it's helpful to remember that I'm still a living, breathing human being + I'm alive + being alive is kinda the best thing bc I can do cool things lyk stretch out my fingers + feel my veins running along my arm. U WOT.

If there's something strangeeeeeeee
    in the neighbourhoudddd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

If there's something weirdddd
    'n it don't look gooddd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

If you're seeing thingsssss
    running through your headdddd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

An invisible mannnnnn
    sleeping in your bedd..
    what ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

What ya gonna do?

GO TO BED.

Fantastic.

:lol:

Your posts are amazing. Thank you for the personal rep Hope you're doing okay :hugs:

Also, I agree with some of the points you've made here and I can relate somewhat

http://franticworld.com/what-is-mindfulness/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Fantastic.

:lol:

Your posts are amazing. Thank you for the personal rep Hope you're doing okay :hugs:

Also, I agree with some of the points you've made here and I can relate somewhat

http://franticworld.com/what-is-mindfulness/
    ah.. thank you v much aha; i'm pleased that you enjoyed reading them. (':

<3

ReputationRep:
    Hey lovely, thank you so much for your personal rep - it was incredibly sweet of you and made me smile

I hope you're having a great summer, I've subbed into your thread and look forward to reading more of your posts!

ReputationRep:

Well, I haven't updated this in a while and that was partly bc I was TRYING to put my previous statements from my previous post into practice before I moved on and.. I've finally been able to.. kind of.. do it..

Let's just... keep this between us + pretend it's working, okay? :emo: No one else needs to know. :shh:

So, this morning I went to WHSmith so I could buy some new pens bc my previous ones hadn't run out but they were just looking.. ew? And buying stationery makes me happy even if it's simply just an ordinary black pen so I made the effort to leave my safe haven + travelled all the way to the pens section to get the pens that I wanted in an attempt to cheer me up, only to find that they weren't there.

Well, they were there but.. they totally weren't.

I basically wanted a 3 pack of roller-ball pens and they were offering me a 5 pack, albeit for the same price but I didn't want a stupid 5 pack, I wanted a 3 pack.

Why would anyone do that. :dong:

The other two pens were meant to be a 'bonus' but they weren't even the same type of pens. They were 2 mini ball point pens.

Pffttt.. Who even uses ballpoint pens.

Especially MINI ballpoint pens.

They couldn't be bothered to add an extra inch of ink so they chopped off a bit of plastic entirely and were all like ----> "here you go and we're calling it a bonus so now you have to appreciate it, you fine customer, you! :awesome:"

I don't think so.

So, as expected, I sat there on the second floor of this stationery/book store thing wondering whether I should purchase three of the individually packaged pens so I could have exactly the 3 pens that I came for or just get the bonus packaged pens and, like, dispose of the two others once I arrived home.

It just felt like extra luggage. I don't like carrying more than my given 50kg. Do you know those times where you visit a family-friend-basically-stranger's house so you can pick up something and that something alone but you somehow end up returning with an annoying child ranging between the ages 4-9 who thinks that your house is filled with mind-blowingly awesome games even though you're a student and therefore polly pocket collections are officially a thing of the past? Well yes, that's what it felt like.

Violation.

And whilst you're standing in their doorway, the parent asks if it's okay to essentially babysit for absolute no charge and being the polite person you are, you force a smile and respond with "HAHAH, YEAH COURSE!!!!!" but inside you're already conjuring up ways on how you're going to hide all your glass ornaments and groaning like:

"Whyyy do I always pick the damn Mars bar, why. :banghead:"

Tbh, the box of chocolates is probably rigged if it always feels like you're picking a Mars bar.

If this has never happened to you and you're currently wondering what on earth I'm referring to, then I urge you get down on both knees this v moment and thank the good lord.

Trust me when I say you don't want to know. :jebus:

Anyway, I eventually got the 5 packaged ones bc I didn't want to spend, like, 4 more pounds on individually wrapped goods and despite the hassle, it's made me so pleased bc they're my favourite pens to write with. LOOK AT THEM, so adorable to stare at. I would happily marry a pen tomorrow. Anon_Hi-Tecpoint. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh. :daydreaming:

It was overall an amusing experience tho. Several staff members walked past me, like, "is everything okay there"?

NO, NO EVERYTHING IS NOT OKAY BC ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS IS CAUSING ME SEVERE STRESS.

But I'm going to say it is all perfectly fine bc I'm sorry but just bc you're wearing a badge that reads "Happy to help" does not mean that we have reached that stage in our relationship where I can comfortably confide to you about my pen problems.

It's probably best I mention that at this point I was lying on the floor, facing the ceiling. My bag + cardigan were halfway across the other side of the aisle, my laces were undone, my non-waterproof eyeliner was losing it's patience + yes, it was such a big of a dilemma that I was literally forced to abandon human nature and adopt one of a slug which of course meant that someone was bound to lean over me whilst asking an irritating, unnecessary + stupid question and you know those moments when someone leans over you like that and you can't properly hear what they're saying, not bc you have selective hearing but bc all you can think about is if they accidentally drool and it lands directly in your eye? Just me? okay. :nope:

So obviously after buying new stationery, the first thing anyone ever wants to do, like, ever is try it out.. I don't even know why. Why do we do that?

Thus, I decided to spend my entire evening today writing letters for my parents, call me old fashioned. :awesome:

Don't call me old-fashioned, that's rude. :hmmm:

I thought it'd be nice to just write out some stuff that I wanted to say so I can always look back on it. Although I don't think that's why I did it bc after I'd finished writing, I cut up my letters into small strips, primarily bc no one's going to read them.

I kept them regardless, obviously. Infact, I tied each letter up afterwards and placed them in a container. I also did, of course, number them so I always know which letter is which and I can always recall and think about it whenever I need to. I've forgotten what I was going to say.. Uh, whatever. :woo:

The problem was, I didn't have any ribbon which was irritating bc ribbon would've looked really pretty + stuff to tie up my letters with + ribbon smells nice + I absolutely love visiting the ribbon shop. It's like the feel of a book shop but TEN TIMES BETTER BC RIBBON. I also didn't have a jar to put my letters in so this all meant that I was forced to improvise. I totally could've gone into town all over again and bought myself all the necessary material but.. yaaaa know. :lazy:

So, instead of ribbon, I used these bracelets that my parents bought for me bc they kind of look like yellow ribbon.

Well, if you squint your eyes and spin around really fast whilst drinking excess amounts of chocolate milk (wahaaayy) and instead of a jar, I used a large Vaseline tin that used to hold lots of mini Vaseline tins. :rofl:

I'm currently writing my fourth letter + I'll hopefully finish it later tonight. :puppyeyes:

Oh dear, I can't. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    Hey lovely, thank you so much for your personal rep - it was incredibly sweet of you and made me smile

I hope you're having a great summer, I've subbed into your thread and look forward to reading more of your posts!
    :cube:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Well, I haven't updated this in a while and that was partly bc I was TRYING to put my previous statements from my previous post into practice before I moved on and.. I've finally been able to.. kind of.. do it..

Let's just... keep this between us + pretend it's working, okay? :emo: No one else needs to know. :shh:

So, this morning I went to WHSmith so I could buy some new pens bc my previous ones hadn't run out but they were just looking.. ew? And buying stationery makes me happy even if it's simply just an ordinary black pen so I made the effort to leave my safe haven + travelled all the way to the pens section to get the pens that I wanted in an attempt to cheer me up, only to find that they weren't there.

Well, they were there but.. they totally weren't.

I basically wanted a 3 pack of roller-ball pens and they were offering me a 5 pack, albeit for the same price but I didn't want a stupid 5 pack, I wanted a 3 pack.

Why would anyone do that. :dong:

The other two pens were meant to be a 'bonus' but they weren't even the same type of pens. They were 2 mini ball point pens.

Pffttt.. Who even uses ballpoint pens.

Especially MINI ballpoint pens.

They couldn't be bothered to add an extra inch of ink so they chopped off a bit of plastic entirely and were all like ----> "here you go and we're calling it a bonus so now you have to appreciate it, you fine customer, you! :awesome:"

I don't think so.

So, as expected, I sat there on the second floor of this stationery/book store thing wondering whether I should purchase three of the individually packaged pens so I could have exactly the 3 pens that I came for or just get the bonus packaged pens and, like, dispose of the two others once I arrived home.

It just felt like extra luggage. I don't like carrying more than my given 50kg. Do you know those times where you visit a family-friend-basically-stranger's house so you can pick up something and that something alone but you somehow end up returning with an annoying child ranging between the ages 4-9 who thinks that your house is filled with mind-blowingly awesome games even though you're a student and therefore polly pocket collections are officially a thing of the past? Well yes, that's what it felt like.

Violation.

And whilst you're standing in their doorway, the parent asks if it's okay to essentially babysit for absolute no charge and being the polite person you are, you force a smile and respond with "HAHAH, YEAH COURSE!!!!!" but inside you're already conjuring up ways on how you're going to hide all your glass ornaments and groaning like:

"Whyyy do I always pick the damn Mars bar, why. :banghead:"

Tbh, the box of chocolates is probably rigged if it always feels like you're picking a Mars bar.

If this has never happened to you and you're currently wondering what on earth I'm referring to, then I urge you get down on both knees this v moment and thank the good lord.

Trust me when I say you don't want to know. :jebus:

Anyway, I eventually got the 5 packaged ones bc I didn't want to spend, like, 4 more pounds on individually wrapped goods and despite the hassle, it's made me so pleased bc they're my favourite pens to write with. LOOK AT THEM, so adorable to stare at. I would happily marry a pen tomorrow. Anon_Hi-Tecpoint. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh. :daydreaming:

It was overall an amusing experience tho. Several staff members walked past me, like, "is everything okay there"?

NO, NO EVERYTHING IS NOT OKAY BC ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS IS CAUSING ME SEVERE STRESS.

But I'm going to say it is all perfectly fine bc I'm sorry but just bc you're wearing a badge that reads "Happy to help" does not mean that we have reached that stage in our relationship where I can comfortably confide to you about my pen problems.

It's probably best I mention that at this point I was lying on the floor, facing the ceiling. My bag + cardigan were halfway across the other side of the aisle, my laces were undone, my non-waterproof eyeliner was losing it's patience + yes, it was such a big of a dilemma that I was literally forced to abandon human nature and adopt one of a slug which of course meant that someone was bound to lean over me whilst asking an irritating, unnecessary + stupid question and you know those moments when someone leans over you like that and you can't properly hear what they're saying, not bc you have selective hearing but bc all you can think about is if they accidentally drool and it lands directly in your eye? Just me? okay. :nope:

So obviously after buying new stationery, the first thing anyone ever wants to do, like, ever is try it out.. I don't even know why. Why do we do that?

Thus, I decided to spend my entire evening today writing letters for my parents, call me old fashioned. :awesome:

Don't call me old-fashioned, that's rude. :hmmm:

I thought it'd be nice to just write out some stuff that I wanted to say so I can always look back on it. Although I don't think that's why I did it bc after I'd finished writing, I cut up my letters into small strips, primarily bc no one's going to read them.

I kept them regardless, obviously. Infact, I tied each letter up afterwards and placed them in a container. I also did, of course, number them so I always know which letter is which and I can always recall and think about it whenever I need to. I've forgotten what I was going to say.. Uh, whatever. :woo:

The problem was, I didn't have any ribbon which was irritating bc ribbon would've looked really pretty + stuff to tie up my letters with + ribbon smells nice + I absolutely love visiting the ribbon shop. It's like the feel of a book shop but TEN TIMES BETTER BC RIBBON. I also didn't have a jar to put my letters in so this all meant that I was forced to improvise. I totally could've gone into town all over again and bought myself all the necessary material but.. yaaaa know. :lazy:

So, instead of ribbon, I used these bracelets that my parents bought for me bc they kind of look like yellow ribbon.

Well, if you squint your eyes and spin around really fast whilst drinking excess amounts of chocolate milk (wahaaayy) and instead of a jar, I used a large Vaseline tin that used to hold lots of mini Vaseline tins. :rofl:

I'm currently writing my fourth letter + I'll hopefully finish it later tonight. :puppyeyes:

Oh dear, I can't. :rofl:
    I really like the way you write :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fancy pens btw :mmm:
    i just get tesco ones :rofl:

ReputationRep:

So, I've been feeling pretty awful all evening + I could've simply, like, drowned in Josh Groban tracks buttttt I just decided that I'd read some uplifting statements to make me feel good instead + so I've just done a recording of me trying to get in touch with the affirmation Gods. :closedeyes:

I congratulate you if you're able to make it through all 6 minutes bc I'm literally just rambling, uhhh. :rofl:

Hereeeee:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0z0Und1mhcY

From that exercise, I've concluded that I can't speak without stammering. >.>

Nah ohmyg, why do I do this. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:

'To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity for an hour.'

Well, this is my last post in this thread + I'm so so glad I participated in this bc it has just taught me so much about myself. It has been fab, surprisingly helped make me feel better many times + my aim was to try + develop as a person + that's going to be an ongoing target for the rest of my life bc improvements can always be made.

Things I've learnt from this experience + still working on:

I've learnt to not take everything seriously bc it always works out better if you step back and reflect.

I've also learnt that being calm is such a great attribute to hold + it really does make you feel amazing from within even if I can't always get myself to be that way.

I've also also learnt that self-pity can be really damaging on top of lots of other stuff + hopefully a thing I can keep in the past.

I've also also also learnt that one of the first things that I have to do in order to be a happier individual is to sleep on time, wake up on time, eat more than just breadsticks + cheese, you know proper food at the right times and just basic things like that. I'm pretty sure it's evident from my many posts around the forum that I lack in such trivial skills but it makes such a great difference + I'm honestly hoping that I'll manage it one day.

One of the things that holds me back from progressing is my anger so I'm happy that I've finally been able to reduce it.. Um, Kind of. - It was turning me into such a heartless person. Like, there were several instances where I'd say something then be like.. "Dear God, I need to chill".

Sometimes when things go terrible, like, really terrible we forget that we can still smile or even worse, we feel guilty for smiling or laughing.

The smallest thing such as losing a water bottle lid or crumbs on the kitchen floor can set us off again + it's cliché but you've just got to look beyond everything + pushhhhhhh away the negativity cause you don't need that in your lyf.

That's more/less what I've been trying really hard to do + it works, sometimes. In addition, people on this earth still have it lots worse than me so I should appreciate what I do have + honestly, focusing on the positive things in my life and what God has blessed me with like my friends, home + the way in which my parents raised me really makes the negative stuff feel less.. Well, negative.

I mean, since most rl people don't see this side to me, lots of them have been saying stuff like "How can you be so happy, I wouldn't be able to" or "How are you so positive" etc which is evidently so mindless of them and I don't know what I'm supposed to respond with. I mean, do you want me to cry for eternity on your living room floor just to prove that there are times when I do feel terrible inside? I just think that seeing things with a positive light helps me move forwarddd + carry on with my day. I also think that you need to not dwell and ruminate about things that you know will cause you to feel awful. Why would you spend hours thinking about something that you know is just making you feel terrible? It's hard..but..you know.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be sad bc there is always, always a time for sadness + I would infact urge that if you ever have any uncried tears, that you do take the time to release them whilst consuming brioche to your heart's content but I believe it's good to just keep it in moderation, otherwise you'll be sad forever. Nobody wants to be sad forever. :sad:.. and although sometimes it feels like you might turn out that way due to situations or just, well.. life, the truth is that your happiness is a choice.

It is a desicion + you can change things by just altering your outlook + that's the best thing that I ever figured out bc for a period of time I used to think that Lemony Snicket himself wrote my life + happiness relied on fate, but it doesn't + it's like the biggest misconception ever.

Life can behave how it wants but at the end of the day, it's up to me how I react to it + that determines who I become. If you imagine life being like one of those automatic tennis ball producers and so imagine that some people get a ball directed towards them every 18 hours at slow speed so they actually have time to hit it back and everything is dandy but then let's say you get 400 balls being directed at you at 10 second intervals. Are you just going to stand there crying in the court and state how unfair it all is whilst bruises begin forming or are you going to do something about it?

YAS, SWEET BABY JESUS PICK UP THAT RACKET AND HIT LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HIT BEFORE.

But let's face it, you're no Andy Murray so.. I mean, you might miss a couple times and you'll probably get tired at some point but you did something about it and that's what matters.

If you are upset, then try and change it. Don't let yourself be upset, don't give in. Go for a walk, do some yoga, its fun, bake- that's also fun + you get food afterwards too which is a bonus, write poetry, sew, do something you love or.. used to love + try to smile. Really. Even if you feel horrid, smiling just kinda decreases those levels of bleurgh. You might not want to smile and you might not believe it but so what? Wooohoooo.

Most importantly, love yourself for who you are bc well, not many other people are going to do it for you + you only have one chance at living to your fullest, so make the most of it. No one is perfect and I don't expect you to adore every aspect of yourself, whether it be inside or out but focus on the good things bc we all have them, sometimes we forget but they're always there. Don't put yourself down for things that don't matter in the long run + try not to rely on a specific object, situation, person or materialistic item being your only source of happiness. You should be your own happiness.

~

Thank you all v much to everyone who followed this thread as I tried to complete my Summer Bucket List, I wish I could follow my own advice lmaaAAaaAo + I hope you didn't see through all my explicit bs in this post but it's past 5am + I know I always use that as an excuse for like everything but I hope that means I can be forgiven + I'd really just like to wrap this thread up before tomorrow bc I can't physically partake in it anymore + I dont have the energy to write any more posts which I probably knew would've happened when I created it bc I always give up on all my threads aha but ah well. I know this post was all really cringe + incredibly cliché so apologies + obviously all of it is just based on my opinion so I'm not claiming theyre facts or anything but I hope this thread was as useful to some of you as much as it was to me. The last thing I'd like to say is.... (assuming that there are people who bother to read this incredibly long post), if anyone reading this ever feels like they need someone to talk to, day or night, then I'm honestly, genuinely always here for you, listening for as long as you need me to + don't hesitate to ask bc I'll always be here + you might be thinking:

"Pfttt.. Anon, why are you offering us help when you can't even help yourself :hmmm:"

But you know, just bc you might have one tamagotchi doesn't mean that you can't let all your friends play with it too. :nope:

Bad analogy, I'm sorry. :emo:

Um, Jesus shared 5 loaves of bread + 2 fish with about 5000 people?

Lmao. >.>

Goodnight + thank you for all the support, again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Well, this is my last post in this thread + I'm so so glad I participated in this bc it has just taught me so much about myself. It has been fab, surprisingly helped make me feel better many times + my aim was to try + develop as a person + that's going to be an ongoing target for the rest of my life bc improvements can always be made.

I've learnt to not take everything seriously bc it always works out better if you step back and reflect.

I've also learnt that being calm is such a great attribute to hold + it really does make you feel amazing from within even if I can't always get myself to be that way.

I've also also learnt that self-pity can be really damaging on top of lots of other stuff + hopefully a thing I can keep in the past.

I've also also also learnt that one of the first things that I have to do in order to be a happier individual is to sleep on time, wake up on time, eat more than just breadsticks + cheese, you know proper food at the right times and just basic things like that. I'm pretty sure it's evident from my many posts around the forum that I lack in such trivial skills but it makes such a great difference + I'm honestly hoping that I'll manage it one day.

One of the things that holds me back from progressing is my anger so I'm happy that I've finally been able to reduce it.. Um, Kind of. - It was turning me into such a heartless person. Like, there were several instances where I'd say something then be like.. "Dear God, I need to chill".

Sometimes when things go terrible, like, really terrible we forget that we can still smile or even worse, we feel guilty for smiling or laughing.

The smallest thing such as losing a water bottle lid or crumbs on the kitchen floor can set us off again + it's cliché but you've just got to look beyond everything + pushhhhhhh away the negativity cause you don't need that in your lyf.

That's more/less what I've been trying really hard to do + it works, sometimes. In addition, people on this earth still have it lots worse than me so I should appreciate what I do have + honestly, focusing on the positive things in my life and what God has blessed me with like my friends, home + the way in which my parents raised me really makes the negative stuff feel less.. Well, negative.

I mean, since most rl people don't see this side to me, lots of them have been saying stuff like "How can you be so happy, I wouldn't be able to" or "How are you so positive" etc which is evidently so mindless of them and I don't know what I'm supposed to respond with. I mean, do you want me to cry for eternity on your living room floor just to prove that there are times when I do feel terrible inside? I just think that seeing things with a positive light helps me move forwarddd + carry on with my day. I also think that you need to not dwell and ruminate about things that you know will cause you to feel awful. Why would you spend hours thinking about something that you know is just making you feel terrible? It's hard..but..you know.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be sad bc there is always, always a time for sadness + I would infact urge that if you ever have any uncried tears, that you do take the time to release them whilst consuming brioche to your heart's content but I believe it's good to just keep it in moderation, otherwise you'll be sad forever. Nobody wants to be sad forever. :sad:.. and although sometimes it feels like you might turn out that way due to situations or just, well.. life, the truth is that your happiness is a choice.

It is a desicion + you can change things by just altering your outlook + that's the best thing that I ever figured out bc for a period of time I used to think that Lemony Snicket himself wrote my life + happiness relied on fate, but it doesn't + it's like the biggest misconception ever.

Life can behave how it wants but at the end of the day, it's up to me how I react to it + that determines who I become. If you imagine life being like one of those automatic tennis ball producers and so imagine that some people get a ball directed towards them every 18 hours at slow speed so they actually have time to hit it back and everything is dandy but then let's say you get 400 balls being directed at you at 10 second intervals. Are you just going to stand there crying in the court and state how unfair it all is whilst bruises begin forming or are you going to do something about it?

But let's face it, you're no Andy Murray so.. I mean, you might miss a couple times and you'll probably get tired at some point but you did something about it and that's what matters.

If you are upset, then try and change it. Don't let yourself be upset, don't give in. Go for a walk, do some yoga, its fun, bake- that's also fun + you get food afterwards too which is a bonus, write poetry, sew, do something you love or.. used to love + try to smile. Really. Even if you feel horrid, smiling just kinda decreases those levels of bleurgh. You might not want to smile and you might not believe it but so what? Wooohoooo.

Most importantly, love yourself for who you are bc well, not many other people are going to do it for you + you only have one chance at living to your fullest, so make the most of it. No one is perfect and I don't expect you to adore every aspect of yourself, whether it be inside or out but focus on the good things bc we all have them, sometimes we forget but they're always there. Don't put yourself down for things that don't matter in the long run + try not to rely on a specific object, situation, person or materialistic item being your only source of happiness. You should be your own happiness.

~

Thank you all v much to everyone who followed this thread as I tried to complete my Summer Bucket List, I wish I could follow my own advice lmaaAAaaAo + I hope you didn't see through all my explicit bs in this post but it's past 5am + I know I always use that as an excuse for like everything but I hope that means I can be forgiven + I'd really just like to wrap this thread up before tomorrow bc I can't physically partake in it anymore + I dont have the energy to write any more posts which I probably knew would've happened when I created it bc I always give up on all my threads aha but ah well. I know this post was all really cringe + incredibly cliché so apologies + obviously all of it is just based on my opinion so I'm not claiming theyre facts or anything but I hope this thread was as useful to some of you as much as it was to me. The last thing I'd like to say is.... (assuming that there are people who bother to read this incredibly long post), if anyone reading this ever feels like they need someone to talk to, day or night, then I'm honestly, genuinely always here for you, listening for as long as you need me to + don't hesitate to ask bc I'll always be here + you might be thinking:

"Pfttt.. Anon, why are you offering us help when you can't even help yourself :hmmm:"

But you know, just bc you might have one tamagotchi doesn't mean that you can't let all your friends play with it too. :nope:

Lmao. >.>

:bawling: you can't end! noooooooo

ReputationRep:

~

Lmao. >.>

If there was EVER a post that I needed to rep and guess what...
    PRSOM (X1000 actually )

That was very, very inspirational to read, Anon Personally I don't think it was cringey at all It's actually extremely helpful.

Best post I've read in a while I know we don't talk much these days, but my PMs are always open :hugs:

ReputationRep:

So, I've been feeling pretty awful all evening + I could've simply, like, drowned in Josh Groban tracks buttttt I just decided that I'd read some uplifting statements to make me feel good instead + so I've just done a recording of me trying to get in touch with the affirmation Gods. :closedeyes:

I congratulate you if you're able to make it through all 6 minutes bc I'm literally just rambling, uhhh. :rofl:

Hereeeee:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0z0Und1mhcY

From that exercise, I've concluded that I can't speak without stammering. >.>

Nah ohmyg, why do I do this. :toofunny:

laaaafffff to yourself and walk away kinda thing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.