Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student. I got offer for MSc Advanced Computing for the coming OCT. I want to know more about the Computing Department.

How many students of MSc Advanced Computing are admitted each year?
    How is the job prospect for intenational students after graduation? Is it possible to work in uk? And how is the chance to continue to the Compuing MPhil/Phd program?

Thanks~~

ReputationRep:
    glass, what where your results equivalent to in the British system? What country are you from?

The reason I ask is becuase I scrapped a 1st class (OWA 70%) and was rejected. Should I be suprised about this? I have a friend who averaged 84% and got in.

I mean must it have been a bad personal statement or something? Or is that most students there go with high 1sts?

ReputationRep:
    I am from Hong Kong. In fact I only got conditional offer, the condition is that I have to get First Class Honours. The honour is not released yet, but I think I have a high chance to get 1st class.

Are you graduated from a UK university? BTW, could you tell me what is OWA? I always heard of that but I don't know what it is. In our system, we count GPA(Grade Point Average).

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it had anything to do with your OWA, i got exactly the same but they didnt even to see the marks,just the final classification and they made me an offer.
    I think, maybe the personal statement

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.