Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, the fact that i got physics homework makes me think i got into a level physics? Is this true? Because i'm sure they don't give out physics homework to those not doing a level physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahArcher)
    Hello, the fact that i got physics homework makes me think i got into a level physics? Is this true? Because i'm sure they don't give out physics homework to those not doing a level physics.
    They may just be giving it to you in case you have got in so everyone starts the work at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it might also depend on what you get for your GCSEs. Find out what the policies are for the sixth forn/college

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I went to my year 12 induction day I got given homework, it just means they want you to get started with some work incase you decide you actually want to do that subject

ReputationRep:
    It's probably just to prepare you or get ahead with the work. Also it gives you a taster of what you'll be doing so you could possibly decide to change your mind?

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't you get into A level physics. The entry requirements can't be that high

ReputationRep:
    How are you supposed to do the homework if you haven't learnt the content. Thats just one thing i am wondering lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia76)
    How are you supposed to do the homework if you haven't learnt the content. Thats just one thing i am wondering lol
    Exactly. It perplexed me, but still im sure there are some online courses i could take to get a grasp

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. It perplexed me, but still im sure there are some online courses i could take to get a grasp
    You got yours quite early, i get my homeowrk on thr gcse results day

ReputationRep:
    If when you showed up for your interview for college back during Year 11 and you had target grades that would get you into the course then yeah, I guess they'll send.

Colleges don't know your results so don't get your hopes up. They're just preparing you because it's most likely that you did get in, as not many people who went for A Levels are ones who slack off, but rather determined people.

Just do what is sent to you and wait for your results

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.