Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everybody,

So I'm just turning 16 in a couple of weeks time and I go to a private school due to my speaking problems etc (i dont want to get into that) anyway, there is a girl that joined my school and class about a year ago. I am quite good friends with her and we've been friends for about a year now.

We talk on facebook etc etc and play pc games together aswell. To add to that she has a boyfriend (the girl is 17). I dont know why I do this but I have a crush on her. I've tried to stop thinking about her etc etc as I dont want to break the friendship but some of my friends say that she likes me. So I dont know what to do.

I've been trying to stop having a crush on her but I can't seem to stop, people tell me that she likes me but then again she has a boyfriend so I am just tripping the **** out.

I dont know what to do and this is pretty ****ed up

thanks,

ReputationRep:
    it's totally normal to develop a crush on someone you're close to, but don't try to mess with her current relationship for the sake of trying to start your own (unless her boyfriend is a ****** I suppose but it's still down to her to break up with him if their relationship is unhealthy) you'll probably end up caving and telling her how you feel at some point and if she'd rather be with you than him then radical but don't expect a fairy tail ending

(Original post by Farlan)
    it's totally normal to develop a crush on someone you're close to, but don't try to mess with her current relationship for the sake of trying to start your own (unless her boyfriend is a ****** I suppose but it's still down to her to break up with him if their relationship is unhealthy) you'll probably end up caving and telling her how you feel at some point and if she'd rather be with you than him then radical but don't expect a fairy tail ending
    We both have another two years to go with school and then done, schools finished. I don't know how to control the urges sometimes, i want to be friends with her but then again i have a crush on her and people tell me she likes me so its just urghhhh!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everybody,

So I'm just turning 16 in a couple of weeks time and I go to a private school due to my speaking problems etc (i dont want to get into that) anyway, there is a girl that joined my school and class about a year ago. I am quite good friends with her and we've been friends for about a year now.

We talk on facebook etc etc and play pc games together aswell. To add to that she has a boyfriend (the girl is 17). I dont know why I do this but I have a crush on her. I've tried to stop thinking about her etc etc as I dont want to break the friendship but some of my friends say that she likes me. So I dont know what to do.

I've been trying to stop having a crush on her but I can't seem to stop, people tell me that she likes me but then again she has a boyfriend so I am just tripping the f*ck out.

I dont know what to do and this is pretty f*cked up

thanks,
    In all honesty I think you should distance yourself from her for a while.

(Original post by Bham369)
    In all honesty I think you should distance yourself from her for a while.
    but the thing is our class is like 6 people....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but the thing is our class is like 6 people....
    Just don't give her so much info

ReputationRep:
    I've done something like this before and basically all there was to do was accept a total lack of chance and then wait.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.