Turn on thread page Beta

need some urgent help with acer wireless connection please please help! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I need your help urgently, there is a problem with my acer aspire stupid laptop.
    The series is aspire 5110/5100/3100 and basically the laptop is not detecting any wireless, everytime i click on the bottom to view wireless networks its not viewing, then i have to restart my belkin (i know its the worse router in the world) and then re-install it, to make it work on my laptop, however when i take it to my room, everything disconnects, and it says no wireless has been installed, then i have to run back upstairs to re-install it.
    I dont know whether the problem is my laptop, the router, or the modem.
    But my gut instincts tell me its the router, will i need to get a new one?
    because it has been a huge trouble for us all for the past days. Im literally sitting with my laptop right next to the router to make this work, and it is uncomfortable. Also will it be a good idea, to re-store everything on my system for example re-install windows xp,? because i dont have any important files on my laptop anyway so i can do that, but acer doesnt provide a disk for that to be done? if i was to do that how would i do that?

sorry if i dont make sense but im really annoyed its been troubling me for a month, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i tried to contact acer customer support but it transfers me to mail box and nobody answers and it hangs up! uff! also i am looking to buy a new router can anyone please suggest me of any good ones? please.

thanks !

help would be appreciated urgently.

love desire xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it might just be a range issue; does it work fine if you sit the laptop in the same room as your router?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it works fine , only when i re-install, the cd, but if i went down to my room it would completely muck up and say no wireless network detected.And now that im viewing my wireless network thing, it says "windows cannot configure this wireless connection" and much more, let me show u guys a screen shot,m maybe it would make more sense.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    and looking at the attachment my net is working fine regardless of it not detecting nothing, but if i were to go to my room, it wouldnt work at all.
    Plus this isnt my room and it isnt peaceful here , so id rathar be in my room with peace and quiet to sort the network out lol i know i might sound soo silly! but im bugged by this.

ReputationRep:
    If it works at a closer point to the router, then the best thing for you to do is to move the router closer to your room - the signal just isnt strong enough to reach as far as you want it to.

You shouldn't need a CD to try and connect to the network with, networks dont need CD's. The error you're getitng is because another program is trying to configure the connection instead of windows, probably an Intel program if you have a Centrino based laptop.

ReputationRep:
    Yep you just don't know how to use the wireless network properly from the sound of it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMaster)
    If it works at a closer point to the router, then the best thing for you to do is to move the router closer to your room - the signal just isnt strong enough to reach as far as you want it to.

You shouldn't need a CD to try and connect to the network with, networks dont need CD's. The error you're getitng is because another program is trying to configure the connection instead of windows, probably an Intel program if you have a Centrino based laptop.
    thanks, let me just try that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Yep you just don't know how to use the wireless network properly from the sound of it .

lol ok then u can help me to
    but my router the belkin one does need to be replaced, im going to take my lap top downstairs so lets see if it works

ReputationRep:
    well its working for now , i shifted the router lets hope nobody moves it about now *fingers crossed*:ninja:

thankyou both of u wonderful people :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    from your screenshot youre using the wrong program!

in the programs menu is Acer eNet manager (or something like that)

its taken over the windows thing

also, ahve you got buttons on the front side of the laptop? the r/h one controls wether the wireless is off or on, and when you press one of them a message will appear on screen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzers)
    from your screenshot youre using the wrong program!

in the programs menu is Acer eNet manager (or something like that)

its taken over the windows thing

also, ahve you got buttons on the front side of the laptop? the r/h one controls wether the wireless is off or on, and when you press one of them a message will appear on screen

heya

am i ? ooo :eek:
    oh i see where ur comming from yeah i have them which one would it be?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.