The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

anyone been accepted despite missing their offer in Economics and Management ?

Hi! Unfortunately I fall narrowly short of my offer condition! My offer was 16 overall at the french baccalaureate (A*AA) including 14 in Mathematics. I got 14,7 overall (AAA) including 18 in mathematics. So has anyone been accepted in Economics and management at King's despite missing their offer ?
Original post by Alice75
Hi! Unfortunately I fall narrowly short of my offer condition! My offer was 16 overall at the french baccalaureate (A*AA) including 14 in Mathematics. I got 14,7 overall (AAA) including 18 in mathematics. So has anyone been accepted in Economics and management at King's despite missing their offer ?

I dont think they would accept anyone who missed their offer
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by anonymous2410
I dont think they would accept anyone who missed their offer

Depends on how popular the course is - you'd have to wait and see. The OP needs to check how many applicants have applied and were successful at getting an offer, and look at those who achieved the conditions to warrant that place after they get their results.
Original post by Dnkz7
Depends on how popular the course is - you'd have to wait and see. The OP needs to check how many applicants have applied and were successful at getting an offer, and look at those who achieved the conditions to warrant that place after they get their results.

For economics and management at kings, they usually make way more offers than places available. Therefore, it is very less likely that there may be places available.
Reply 4
Original post by anonymous2410
For economics and management at kings, they usually make way more offers than places available. Therefore, it is very less likely that there may be places available.

True but not everyone is going to meet the conditions, they may be lenient if OP is close to the next grade and only missed by a couple of points. IB is a big thing and are usually known for their inaccuracies in grading so they may look at that pov as well.
KCL is 56th in the UK for economics, and yet it still asks for A*AA! OP, there are plenty of better places in the UK to do economics, and you've done brilliantly in your exams to achieve AAA, so if they don't accept you then it really isn't the worst thing - especially with your high maths grade!
Reply 6
Original post by tanyapotter
KCL is 56th in the UK for economics, and yet it still asks for A*AA! OP, there are plenty of better places in the UK to do economics, and you've done brilliantly in your exams to achieve AAA, so if they don't accept you then it really isn't the worst thing - especially with your high maths grade!

Hi, the ranking is due to the fact that the programme is new - we did not have econ at KCL until 2 years ago. The standards of teaching and research are extremely high, this is why you will be required these grades at A-Levels. It is KCL, and it is a social science - watch the rankings peak as soon as we have the first graduates :smile:
Original post by tanyapotter

national rankings are complete rubbish. ignore them
Reply 8
Original post by Alice75

Hi,
Last year I got in with a missed offer for this programme,
The offer was 35 IB points with 766 at Higher levelincluding a 6 in Maths.
I got 39 points, 7765 at Higher level, but fell 1% short of the 6 in maths. Phoned them on the day and still got in. But the competition was around 18 people per place, and probably even higher this year, so unfortunately I cannot guarantee anything.

Quick Reply

Latest