Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am in a bit of a mess. I got my final year results the other day, and found out that i failed in two double modules.

    I need to know what options are available to me at this moment in time. I have the opportunity to resit, but still dont feel that i understand the work. Would i be able to go back to my university in the autumn and take up two new modules to replace the ones i failed?


    (sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum)

    can somebody please answer. im in a real mess here. im hopinh that somebody may know what i can do and if i can go back.

    Number 1

    We do not know which university you are at

    Number 2

    We do not know what you are studying

    Number 3

    We do not know what modules you have failed and whether they are essential

    Number 4

    You have not told us your classification, what the results will eventually be

    Number 5

    You expect us to reply to your query in under 15 minutes.

    My advice would be to contact your personal tutor, your student welfare service or advice centre and read your degree programme handbook or equivalent and give this thread a day to mature, so that people who have experience in this matter (and there will not be many) can see your thread and offer you some good advice.

    Noxid is right - you need to find out from your uni department what your options are; any advice from us would be speculation, and might add to your troubles rather than help you.

    Just to add to what people have already said, you are best talking to your uni. Procedures vary between univeristies and even between departments, so its not really going to be any use people on here telling you do do something, when your uni might not allow that.
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.