Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for a gap year job. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In the terms and conditions of a job that I want to apply for it has the sentence:
    ''This contract has a maximum term of two years starting 25th August 2016''

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean that the contract will be binding for two years or will I be able to leave after a year?

Sorry to be so naïve!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it means that the maximum time of this contract is 2 years and looks *like it cannot be extended. However, it really depends on the other terms of the contract i.e minimum period. Normally, a contract can be ended by giving the required notice which is in general a month. *Check with the HR department before signing it. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    I think it means that the maximum time of this contract is 2 years and looks *like it cannot be extended. However, it really depends on the other terms of the contract i.e minimum period. Normally, a contract can be ended by giving the required notice which is in general a month. *Check with the HR department before signing it. Good luck
    Awesome, thank you for the advice

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.