The Student Room Group

Financial Software Exit Opps

Good evening.

I have an offer for a grad data/financial analyst gig in a big financial software company (see Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, S&P). Job seems good, but I don't know what lies ahead and whether I may find it to be tedious or I just want to jump into something more intellectually stimulating in the long term.

I know that the name on the CV would certainly be big, but I'm not sure about the transferable skills that a role like this might entail that could potentially give me exit opportunities for CorpFin/FinTech/Banking etc.

If anyone could share their knowledge and/or experiences it would be highly appreciated.
Reply 1
Bump. Any ideas?
Original post by ModernTech
Good evening.

I have an offer for a grad data/financial analyst gig in a big financial software company (see Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, S&P). Job seems good, but I don't know what lies ahead and whether I may find it to be tedious or I just want to jump into something more intellectually stimulating in the long term.

I know that the name on the CV would certainly be big, but I'm not sure about the transferable skills that a role like this might entail that could potentially give me exit opportunities for CorpFin/FinTech/Banking etc.

If anyone could share their knowledge and/or experiences it would be highly appreciated.

Maybe CorpFin, or data analyst/market intelligence roles in other companies but apart from that not much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a financial analyst, you may be interested in becoming a Charted Financial Analyst and complete the CFA exams. You could branch out into different types of analysis (for example risk) and offer consultancy services.

It is also likely you will be training in software such as MATLAB, Business Intelligence, R (language), SAP (various modules). These experiences would open the door to many career types.

Well done on your job offer, it would be great if you could keep us updated on how your progress.

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending