Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

About a month ago I started to realise that this academic year was awful. Without realising I was socially incompetant, and academically I worked hard but not efficiently so I am expecting a horrible results day. I have been feeling sorry for myself and in fact my insecurities have risen.

However, yesterday I realised that its not that bad and I realised that I must learn from my mistakes instead of doing nothing.

So I have so many plans but so little motivation or maybe I am motivated but I dont know how to go about it.

I have so many plans and things I want to do however I keep encountering self doubt.
    For example, I want to start learning for A2 but I keep worrying that if i self learn C3 and C4 and then on results day end up with a U in AS maths meaning A2 prep would be useless.

Also I keep getting distracted by my PC and phone mindlessly scrolling through IG and smapchat..

How can I be succesful, i havent had success in such a long time.

Help advice anything

ReputationRep:
    Stop going on your PC and phone for a start.

To make change, you need to want to make it happen. Just stop distracting yourself and get bits of work done at a time, a little break, more work etc. Find a way that suits you and stick with it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay the best thing you can do until results day is just chill or work somewhere to get your mind off it, when you get your results thats where you should make your decision on what to do (fingers crossed that you don't get a U). The thing is when you learn c3 and c4 it will make c1 and c2 much easier (personal opinion) to do. During A levels I deleted all of my social medias (apart from tsr) accounts and it made me feel happier however I was tempted from time to time to go on it but I kept it under control.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Stop going on your PC and phone for a start.

To make change, you need to want to make it happen. Just stop distracting yourself and get bits of work done at a time, a little break, more work etc. Find a way that suits you and stick with it.
    Yeah I really do want it, literally every night I think to myself and I have been beating myself up about the past but it is what it is. btw when I say work I mean learning skills, socialiaing, reading, etc not just prep for A2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great advice from SpirtSharD,

If you don't get the results that you want, I'm sure you can retake the year right?

Know what you want and why you want it. Study a little, then have a sip of your favourite beverage, can of pop. Know your future is important and you want the money (everyone does).

Practice, practice, practice...practice questions from the book, ask your teacher for help, befriend the very top students and see how they do their work, get a private tutor if need be and ask around other forums for help on any questions.

Pain is temporary but quitting lasts forever

ReputationRep:
    With me I just have to do it. Thrust myself into it. I wouldn't be working several jobs, taking up new hobbies etc if I didn't "just go for it". Sometimes I'll make an inquiry or accept a contract and think to myself "Damn it, now you're doing something else. What will happen? What will it be like? Can you be bothered?", but at the end of the day I simply do it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.