The Student Room Group

This upsets me so much

One of my close friends who is an amazing guy wanted to marry a girl (the girl is okay with marrying him) so he asked his parents to go and meet the girls parents to discuss about marriage. However the girls parents denied it because he's pakistani and she's afghan. Why are they so narrow minded? this just makes me upset as they probably won't be able to get married now. :-(
Original post by Raizelcadres
One of my close friends who is an amazing guy wanted to marry a girl (the girl is okay with marrying him) so he asked his parents to go and meet the girls parents to discuss about marriage. However the girls parents denied it because he's pakistani and she's afghan. Why are they so narrow minded? this just makes me upset as they probably won't be able to get married now. :-(

Ahhhh that's so sad 😞, after all there's not such a big difference, the religions the sand and even culture ie language is similar
Ngl my parents would not let me marry anpakistani guy either. I guess it's easier for guys though.
I don't understand why however as its but that much of a difference , but I understand every religion has its do's and don't's so it's really sad , but I really hope they can :wink:
That's just how they grew up thinking, and there's no point trying to convince and persuade people who have those mindsets cos it's like a deep tree root going back from childhood upbringing, it can be annoying but the more we resist accepting that's just the way a lot of people work the more anger and resentment we feel and that ain't worth it imo, they can still get married if they were desperate though, where there's a will there's a way, just got to be strategic
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
That's just how they grew up thinking, and there's no point trying to convince and persuade people who have those mindsets cos it's like a deep tree root going back from childhood upbringing, it can be annoying but the more we resist accepting that's just the way a lot of people work the more anger and resentment we feel and that ain't worth it imo, they can still get married if they were desperate though, where there's a will there's a way, just got to be strategic

I agree and it's true , where there is a will there is always a way . :smile:
Original post by Raizelcadres

It is sad, but if they are really determined then nothing can stop them from getting married. If it's supposed to happen, it will regardless of what her parents say and do about the matter. Unfortunately, this is a common issue in Asian cultures with strict parents/family.
lol backwards parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending