Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey i wanna buy a camera off ebay, its really good and normally would have been at least double the price because its "reconditioned".

anyone had any experiences with this and can offer any tips?

does it mean its repaired?

thanks..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    hey i wanna buy a camera off ebay, its really good and normally would have been at least double the price because its "reconditioned".

thanks..
    yea it could mean its repaired, it depends where it is 'reconditioned' factory reconditioned products are mostly in perfect condition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)

thanks..
    It normally means that it was used and broken somehow and then returned to the manufacturer. The manufacturer resells it at a discounted price. They are normally just as good, just not new.

Edit: They fix it first (if it was ever actually broken)

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you buy it but normaly reconditioned just means its ex display or return for what ever reasons.

Refurbished items are usualy checked by the factory and come with a full 12 months warranty. I saved £60 on my camera by buying it this way and its 100% perfect.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks guys, it sounds good!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.