Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am applying to a few top London unis from Sept. I am also starting a science foundation from September as well. I am classed as a mature student as over 21

    a) I have started to fill out my UCAS online and it asks for previous qualifications. Would I have to show the universities hard evidence of previous IGCSE's, A Levels and my previous university degree as they are back at my parents hol home? which I will not be in till next summer 08

    b) Also do any other matures know what the "Activities in preparation for higher education" is about on the form? It comes under additional information

    Thanks all

    Yes they will.

    I think how it works with students who apply post A-level is that you don't need to show UCAS any proof of your qualifications when you initially apply, but any unis who make you an offer may ask you to send them copies of your certificates.

    (Original post by Rokit)
    b) Also do any other matures know what the "Activities in preparation for higher education" is about on the form? It comes under additional information
    That appears on the additional infomation for everyone I think. I didnt actually know myself but the word is you put things like summer schools. (for me I would enter Sutton Trust Physics Summer School, at Cambridge, sponsored by Sutton Trust)I am not sure if it is just that though.

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.