First year london accommodation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are there any first years who are looking for private halls/accommodation? I'm looking for somewhere that a lot of first year students will be going to so I won't be alone lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gelatogorl)
    Are there any first years who are looking for private halls/accommodation? I'm looking for somewhere that a lot of first year students will be going to so I won't be alone lol
    Hey man, check out my post renting a 1 bedroom flat, right opposite 2 huge blocks of unite students accommodation.

Here's a link to my thread or you should be able to find it through my profile http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4224042

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, check out my post, I'm renting a one bedroom flat in hale village, right opposite two blocks of student accommodation, so you can get the uni life while also having your own space.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4224042

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gelato, which university are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prodigy Living)
    Hi Gelato, which university are you going to?
    I'll be going to UCL. I've looked at some of your properties but is it possible to shorten the length of the contract? 51 weeks is way too long and somethong around 40 would be more practical.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going to UCL. I've looked at some of your properties but is it possible to shorten the length of the contract? 51 weeks is way too long and somethong around 40 would be more practical.
    Nice!

What were your thoughts on Tufnell House? It's around 20 minutes from the campus on the Northern Line (we have a fair few UCL students staying there).

They offer 43 week tenancies which should be more in line with what you're looking for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prodigy Living)
    Nice!

What were your thoughts on Tufnell House? It's around 20 minutes from the campus on the Northern Line (we have a fair few UCL students staying there).

They offer 43 week tenancies which should be more in line with what you're looking for
    It's a little over my budget as I was looking for something £200 or less but I'm still considering it. Is it possible to be placed with other UCL students?

ReputationRep:
    Also a first year going to UCL - I'll be staying at the Grand Felda Wembley and hoping (praying) that there are a couple UCL students there!Slightly far from campus but totally worth it considering it's brand new

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agreenpotato)
    Also a first year going to UCL - I'll be staying at the Grand Felda Wembley and hoping (praying) that there are a couple UCL students there!Slightly far from campus but totally worth it considering it's brand new
    Hey, grand felda looks really good actually! I'm glad I'm not the only first year UCL student going for private accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    It's a little over my budget as I was looking for something £200 or less but I'm still considering it. Is it possible to be placed with other UCL students?
    Morning!

Yes, when you select your room you can see who else is staying in the flat in terms of gender, academic year, and university

ReputationRep:
    Hey, grand felda looks really good actually! I'm glad I'm not the only first year UCL student going for private accommodation!
    Ha, yeah we're a pretty rare bunch - UCL accommodation seems to be pretty popular despite all the controversies around it. What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, yeah we're a pretty rare bunch - UCL accommodation seems to be pretty popular despite all the controversies around it. What are you studying?
    Architecture, you?

ReputationRep:
    Pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am starting a masters in September, and since I have never lived in London before, I am having some problems in finding an accommodation that meets my requirements. It should be: near to UCL on foot, shared with other students, not more than 4 people living in the flat, and around 750/800 pcm. So Gelatogorl, I guess we are looking more or less for the same kind of accommodation. Given that, it would be nice if we stayed in contact, to help each other out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suinos)
    Hi, I am starting a masters in September, and since I have never lived in London before, I am having some problems in finding an accommodation that meets my requirements. It should be: near to UCL on foot, shared with other students, not more than 4 people living in the flat, and around 750/800 pcm. So Gelatogorl, I guess we are looking more or less for the same kind of accommodation. Given that, it would be nice if we stayed in contact, to help each other out
    Hey! I decided to go with Grand Felda House which is the price range you're looking for (190 pw), 4-5 people per flat but is in Wembley.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I decided to go with Grand Felda House which is the price range you're looking for (190 pw), 4-5 people per flat but is in Wembley.
    That's awesome, I'll see you there! When are you planning on moving in?

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome, I'll see you there! When are you planning on moving in?

Hopefully around the 16th Sept, what about you? I'm glad you told me about it! I would've struggled finding something otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully around the 16th Sept, what about you? I'm glad you told me about it! I would've struggled finding something otherwise!
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I just moved in today! How do you like it so far?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I just moved in today! How do you like it so far?

Hey! It's nice here but suuuuper quiet! I guess I knew private halls would be less social than uni halls but still! how are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    haha, ea, it's practically dead in here compared to halls so kinda forces you to meet people at UCL. Love how new everything is and how close the stores are but I'm slowly but surely starting to hate the commute

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Spring onions - Yay or nay?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.