Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently shopping for a new office chair...was lost due to the large choice available...so I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some.

There are so many available online...need a rough idea on what I am looking for...

ReputationRep:
    My best advice would be to shop for one on the street, don't bother buying off line as you don't know what the chair will be like in terms of size and comfort and because of this you may have to wait for a long length of time if you want to return the itiem as the collectors are snails.

ReputationRep:
    It would probably be a good idea to try them out in somewhere like Staples so you can find one you like then go on the internet to see if you can find it any cheaper. After delivery costs it may work out at a similar price though.

ReputationRep:
    I went into Argos and bought a £30ish leather one without trying it. Does the job quite nicely and as it was self-assembly I left one of the arms off for convenience when wielding instruments.

ReputationRep:
    Try staples, ours was £40 from there and it's brilliantly comfortable as well as sturdy.

ReputationRep:
    mine was £100 off eBay - its like an executives chair - i have had it for 5 years and a bit now and its still in gret condition.

its not real leather but it is chunk material and soft..

ReputationRep:
    Buy an Aeron.

ReputationRep:
    The two main criteria are: I want a chair with different tilt functions, and chrome legs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunburnedCactus)
    I went into Argos and bought a £30ish leather one without trying it. Does the job quite nicely and as it was self-assembly I left one of the arms off for convenience when wielding instruments.
    Would you mind giving me an argos link please if you're bothered just so I can check it out
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When I bought mine I went to the local PC World – That was quite a number of years ago, but it’s leather, is very comfortable and allows you to change the angle. I remember I was surprised because they had another one which cost a lot more yet wasn’t half as nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samy26)
    Would you mind giving me an argos link please if you're bothered just so I can check it out
    It is this one: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...e%2Bchairs.htm

They do it in fabric as well I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunburnedCactus)
    It is this one: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...e%2Bchairs.htm

They do it in fabric as well I think.
    thats the exact chair im sitting on hehe. its pretty good, does the job. i like spinning on it too :p: hehe

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is pretty good though it does like to slowly rotate away from the desk if I don't have my feet on the floor, I think I might be on a slight slope...

ReputationRep:
    Here comes my killer-ikea-selling-technique.
    "Please see IKEA's WorkIkea section for more information on office chairs"
    ...ohhhhh yaaaah.

ReputationRep:
    Fabric>leather
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by samy26)
    Fabric>leather
    Usually I love my chair, but at the moment it's SOO hot my skin is sticking to everything. Not a pleasant feeling.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I'm in the market for one at the moment as well... i love the automatic tilting ones... a bit like one at work. If I could find the same in the shops i'd buy that...

Did you find one in the end GεεRTHAN ?

ReputationRep:
    I might that Argos one but not the leather one. This one: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...oductId=714076

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.