Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I sat my cie English language igcse paper this may, 2016. I estimate I got a B on the exam. However, I got A for my coursework. What grade would I get overall?

[Just to ask... In case I had gotten an A on my exam too, is there a chance of getting an A*, considering my A on the coursework?]

Thank you so much.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by 2000rules)
    Hey guys!
    I sat my cie English language igcse paper this may, 2016. I estimate I got a B on the exam. However, I got A for my coursework. What grade would I get overall?

[Just to ask... In case I had gotten an A on my exam too, is there a chance of getting an A*, considering my A on the coursework?]

Thank you so much.
    How high was your A on your coursework?

If you got a high B and a very high A on your coursework, you'd get a low A overall. But of course it it was a low A and a mid/low B, you'd get a B or possibly even an A overall.

But it just depends on this year grade boundaries.
    For example, I got A*, A, B, D in my GCSE English units and came out with a B overall. So it really depends on how high all your grades are.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    a really good one
    this is TSR and no1 fails
    Spoiler:
    Show
    apart from me
    *walks away*i don't belong to this group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    How high was your A on your coursework?

If you got a high B and a very high A on your coursework, you'd get a low A overall. But of course it it was a low A and a mid/low B, you'd get a B or possibly even an A overall.

But it just depends on this year grade boundaries.
    For example, I got A*, A, B, D in my GCSE English units and came out with a B overall. So it really depends on how high all your grades are.
    thanks a lot for replying.
    I got an A overall in all the three pieces of coursework we are asked to submit. so is that counted as an mid-high A? my teacher didnt give me the breakdowns.

Moving on to my ig exam, i lost out on time: wrote only 4 paragraphs for Question 2 amd Question 1 went moderately fine (it wasn't the best though; I've seen better.)
    Question 3 went pretty well; aiming for a 16/20 for that.

looking at all the above, what do you think I achieved?

thank you again.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by 2000rules)
    thanks a lot for replying.
    I got an A overall in all the three pieces of coursework we are asked to submit. so is that counted as an mid-high A? my teacher didnt give me the breakdowns.

Moving on to my ig exam, i lost out on time: wrote only 4 paragraphs for Question 2 amd Question 1 went moderately fine (it wasn't the best though; I've seen better.)
    Question 3 went pretty well; aiming for a 16/20 for that.

looking at all the above, what do you think I achieved?

thank you again.
    Well I honestly can't tell you what you might achieve. Your teacher was wise not to break it down because often enough, it leads to "what will I get?" and all that kind of nonsense.

Your best bet is to leave it alone. You can't do anything about your grade. Your grade as already been given to you. You just can't see it yet. Stop worrying about your grades and enjoy your summer. Your summer is too short to worry about something that can't be changed honey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey;[url="tel:66522344")
    66522344[/url]]Well I honestly can't tell you what you might achieve. Your teacher was wise not to break it down because often enough, it leads to "what will I get?" and all that kind of nonsense.

Your best bet is to leave it alone. You can't do anything about your grade. Your grade as already been given to you. You just can't see it yet. Stop worrying about your grades and enjoy your summer. Your summer is too short to worry about something that can't be changed honey.
    Thank you so much! I'm gonna try to get over it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.