Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In September I will be starting my A levels, but the sixth forms that I have applied to don't offer textiles only art, photography or media. I wouldn't be able to take art as an A level, because I never took it at GCSE. If I took media/photography would it help me prepare my portfolio for this course? What does the portfolio for the fashion styling and production degree require?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiawiltshire)
    In September I will be starting my A levels, but the sixth forms that I have applied to don't offer textiles only art, photography or media. I wouldn't be able to take art as an A level, because I never took it at GCSE. If I took media/photography would it help me prepare my portfolio for this course? What does the portfolio for the fashion styling and production degree require?
    Hi! I'm going into my second year of college and like you I am looking to get into a fashion styling course. I am currently doing media, photography and English language at A levels, like you I didn't take textiles or art because I didn't do it at GCSE. I don't think you need art to apply for this specific fashion course, photogrpahy is classified as an art and design subject so that should help towards the fashion element. Only some fashion courses require specific subjects, maybe look at some universities and see what subjects they specify for the course you want to do. I'm not entirely sure what a fashion styling portfolio needs I need to do some research into that myself.
    Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.