Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We all know the current global teroristic situation. What do you think about that. I am getting a bit annoyed and starting to feel chaotic about the whole situation worldwide. Is there a place you are 100 % secure??

ReputationRep:
    Technically, no place is 100% secure, but I don't think rural North Yorkshire is a major terrorist target at the moment. I'm not worried about my area suffering a terrorist attack, but it is a bigger risk for the larger cities.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I feel safe.

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly, no. Suburbs in bum**** nowhere is safe from terrorists, although parts of the local area aren't.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Living in a small village, working in the middle of nowhere, driving between the two... I feel pretty safe to be honest :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried where I am. I live and work in the countryside, I don't use public transport, and I very rarely go into any major urban areas.

I worry a tad more about the rest of my family, most of whom live and work in London. My aunt already had a close shave during the 7/7 bombings, had she not overslept that morning, she would have been on the number 30 bus at the time it was bombed.

ReputationRep:
    I live in London. I feel safe....
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I got my stolen in my city 3 years ago but after dealing with that, I feel reasonably safe, I guess I see that I could die or be injured by anything at any moment that I don't live in fear.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.