The Student Room Group

transferring a job to uni?

Hi,

I currently have a temp. contract at my local Tesco, but my managers have said I can transfer to my uni town in September and then come back in the holidays, but I can't really decide if I want to.

I would ideally go to uni without transferring and then just come back to my current store for the holidays, but I'm not sure if they'd let me, plus I've been the 6 month benefits only count if it's continuous.

Basically if anyone has any experience with transferring jobs to uni or stories, advice, etc. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Why do you not want to work while at uni? Most students do and you don't have to do loads of hours, just weekends or something.

For the job benefits, it usually works so that you have to be regularly working there, and by that I mean at least once a week unless you're on holiday. Working every half a year does not count and chances are, they will simply replace you and you'll have to find a new job every time. It is easier for them and more secure to simply hire someone else rather than wonder if you will come to work that summer or not. Sure it would be the same for your current store either way, but if you work in a different location then they are at least sure if you will come to that store to work or not
Reply 2
hi i work at tesco as well and was thinking of doing this but now sure how it works like do i have to get my manager to contact the other stores or something ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending