Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm currently doing a bit of research into the field of "Familiarity within Music" and would like to ask you to answer the questions below in detail, if possible

1. What's your favourite genre, and why?
    2. What's your favourite album, artist, and/or song?
    3. What do you think makes you like this genre, album, artist and/or song so much?
    4. What genre would you NEVER listen to, and why?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ewandernoth)
    Hi guys,
    I'm currently doing a bit of research into the field of "Familiarity within Music"
    You definitely made that field up.
    3. What do you think makes you like this genre, album, artist and/or song so much?
    I was going to try answering these questions but failed. I like all sorts of banging tunes, and many of my 'favourite' people do work that can be classed as different genres.

I personally dislike labelling music into genres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    You definitely made that field up.

I was going to try answering these questions but failed. I like all sorts of banging tunes, and many of my 'favourite' people do work that can be classed as different genres.

I personally dislike labelling music into genres.
    Honestly, I didn't make them up This genuinely exists, but thanks for your answer anyway.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Hi, the best of luck with your research
    1) Tbh, I like music from all sorts of genres and time periods so I can't pinpoint a specific genre. Generally in songs, I like to look at deeper meanings and ones were I can relate. Raps are good with this. The rhythm is a key part in rock songs and I find the melodies interesting in pop songs. Classical songs are very peaceful and relaxing too.
    2) As you can see from above, it'd take a long time to say specifics. Atm, I've been listening to Simple Plan's latest album 'Taking one for the Team' quite frequently. Amongst my favourite artists are Eminem, Ed Sheeran, Demi Lovato and Simple Plan.
    3) The main reason behind this is the deep meanings in their songs which I can relate to, the melodies that I enjoy singing along to and their voices sound very good, in my opinion.
    4) I don't really know. I'd probably go with very heavy rock because I'm quite the lightweight when it comes to rock music

Hope that's useful
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Hi, the best of luck with your research
    1) Tbh, I like music from all sorts of genres and time periods so I can't pinpoint a specific genre. Generally in songs, I like to look at deeper meanings and ones were I can relate. Raps are good with this. The rhythm is a key part in rock songs and I find the melodies interesting in pop songs. Classical songs are very peaceful and relaxing too.
    2) As you can see from above, it'd take a long time to say specifics. Atm, I've been listening to Simple Plan's latest album 'Taking one for the Team' quite frequently. Amongst my favourite artists are Eminem, Ed Sheeran, Demi Lovato and Simple Plan.
    3) The main reason behind this is the deep meanings in their songs which I can relate to, the melodies that I enjoy singing along to and their voices sound very good, in my opinion.
    4) I don't really know. I'd probably go with very heavy rock because I'm quite the lightweight when it comes to rock music

Hope that's useful
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    No worries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm currently doing a bit of research into the field of "Familiarity within Music" and would like to ask you to answer the questions below in detail, if possible

Thank you
    1. The genres I like are pop, pop-rock and alternative-rock
    2. Some of my favourite albums include 'Sounds good feels good' by 5sos and 'Handwritten' by Shawn Mendes. If you look at my profile I literally have a list of artists I love.
    3. I like 5sos and Shawn Mendes because of the meaningful lyrics. I like 1D, The Vamps and The Tide because their songs are catchy and they are genuinely lovely people. I also like All Time Low, Twenty One Pilots and The 1975 because I'm lowkey emo
    4. I personally never listen to heavy metal or rap, it just doesn't appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Thank you
    1.Don't really know the genre but i think Pop and house... well all the nice colourful circles in the beginning of my playlist
    2. This meaty ass playlist, currently i'm listening to everything on repeat until it's ruined
    here's the link to me playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...VXtqmWzyawCK1s
    3. Just sounds amazing and clicks with me currently these:
    (fav currently)
    Stressed out- Twenty One Pilots
    DNCE-Cake by the ocean
    Galantis-no money
    Kevin Maclaod stuff there(most of it i like rn)
    darix togni-Digi G'Alessio
    Odjbox-Otto croy
    Comptine D'un Autre été L'après-midi - Yann Tiersen(rare piano pieces i like ) I also like beethovens 3rd movement of his moonlight sonata, yes i do play a bit of piano and i like it
    ProleteR - April Showers
    So Good - B.o.B
    Reaktor Productions - Afterglow
    Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza Lyrics (Seeb Remix)
    TheFatRat - Never Be Alone
    TheFatRat - Windfall
    DEAF KEV - Invincible
    Wontolla, Kasger & Limitless - Miles Away
    By the way in no particular order are these favourites, besides the first one, imagine dragons is awesome lol
    Pleasing to the ear and just a general nice catchy tune
    Faded-Alan walker isn't too bad, i like the original too by NCS which was Fade-Alan Walker
    4.Probably grime/rap stuff like that, i personally do not "find it pleasing to the ear"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.