• View Poll Results: Who should be the Leader Of the Labour Party
    Jeremy Corbyn
    44.44%
    Angela Eagle
    11.11%
    Owen Smith
    44.44%

ReputationRep:
    As it is clear that there will be three candidates for Labour Leader who are you supporting or voting for? The labour leadership was triggered after 172 MPs said they had no confidence of Jeremy Corbyn as leader. Angela Eagle announced her challenge and not soon after Owen Smith also challenged the leader. It is speculated that the challenger with the highest amount of nominations from MPs will face Jeremy, as agreed with both candidates, but who are you hoping for to win?

ReputationRep:
    I thought there was a gentleman's agreement that only one candidate would stand against Jezza?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36833451

ReputationRep:
    Eagle just dropped out.

ReputationRep:
    Very uninspiring three. Glad eagle has gone though.

Corbyn is inept I think, I don't think I even like him much from stories I've seen coming out. Look at Debbonnaire (Bristol West) and her scathing attack this week.

I like what smith is standing for personally. I don't trust him though, I feel he is a career politician through and through. Think he's best for the party currently though realistically. Uninspiring for that reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Smith is nothing spectacular but he seems fairly decent, good speaker, fairly charismatic.

Don't expect him to win an election but I do think he might just stop the party from totally evaporating.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.