Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to learn another language, some friends told me to learn Japanese and I dunno why. Is Japanese good to learn nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    it's an interesting language and people will be impressed if you can speak it fluently, as long as you don't mind people thinking you're a weeaboo

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can watch anime without subtitles Kappa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would like to continue with it,eventually. It's a cool language

ReputationRep:
    Funny you should post this, just downloaded some learn japanese apps an hour ago and am planning the same thing

(Original post by HFancy1997)
    Yeah you can watch anime without subtitles Kappa

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also, what he said

ReputationRep:
    Not that useful go with spanish/german or something like that. if you do want oriental go with chinese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsudar)
    I'm planning to learn another language, some friends told me to learn Japanese and I dunno why. Is Japanese good to learn nowadays?
    If you like Japanese you should go ahead. Don't pick a language just thinking about on what it can be useful to you, course, japanese is useful if you plan to go to Japan someday, if you like to watch animes and read mangas and stuff, but also as something you like, something that you learn by pleasure. You should choose the language you want to learn guided by what you like, otherwise you're only going to be frustraded. Chinese is a nice language too, if you like asian stuff. I recommend that you could try to have an experience first, then you choose what language to learn.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 27, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.