Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking that a good A level results day strategy would be to check UCAS track first thing before going into school for results, given that there is a possibility of finding your offer confirmed.

Precious firstborn declares he would prefer to get results first. I suppose he can check Track from his phone at school?

So, is it just a personal preference thing or is there a savvy strategy?

Email from school today saying results at 8am.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by dirtmother)
    I was thinking that a good A level results day strategy would be to check UCAS track first thing before going into school for results, given that there is a possibility of finding your offer confirmed.

Precious firstborn declares he would prefer to get results first. I suppose he can check Track from his phone at school?

Track will update at 8am too...

Last year, my son avoided Track and wanted to go in to get his results in person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dirtmother)

Applicants need results and track to know what they need to do next - and Track is due to go live at 7:30-8am (officially 8am but they will be live before then to prevent a peak load on the system).

If he's getting results at 8am then it makes sense to do both at the same time as long as he's able to log on on his phone. Get him to practice logging on before (preferably a week or so before - Track gets taken down at various points in August while results come through) to make sure it works...and make sure he's got data on his phone in case the wifi isn't available at school/college.

Even if the phone doesn't work he should be able to access Track in his school/college - and his teachers and careers advisers will be there to help him know what to do.

I know one of my mum's biggest regrets was that she was working on the day my older sister got her A levels (and had done a lot worse than expected) - while it all turned out ok in the end she wasn't there to provide hugs/tea/sympathy/reassurance (because my sister was the first in our family to go to uni). So even if he says he doesn't want you there or around I'd strongly recommend being available.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks both, all good stuff!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by PQ)
    Applicants need results and track to know what they need to do next
    Ah, yes yery true.

And for DS1 it turned out to be slightly complicated but it all worked out well in the end.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.