Want to start listening to podcasts Watch

Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to start listening to podcasts and have some questions..

are they free to listen to or do the better ones cost? how do I listen to them, is there an app or a website? what are some of your favourite podcasts
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)

are they free to listen to or do the better ones cost? how do I listen to them, is there an app or a website? what are some of your favourite podcasts
Hello,

For the most part they are free and they can be found on YouTube, iTunes and various other places.

I do have many favourites as I regularly listen to 7 or 8 different ones but several are specific to my interests. Some good general recommendations:

Time Ferris's and Joe Rogan's podcasts can be easily found on YouTube. Both last a few hours each and typically feature prominent people from across various different fields so you can find the ones that interest you if you don't have eclectic tastes.

If you let me know exactly what interests you I can possibly point you in the right direction.
TercioOfParma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)

Some are free, some cost money.

Again, varies by podcast.

I would personally recommend Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Common Sense, The History of Rome, The History of The Ancient World, The Drunken Peasants and Three Moves Ahead.
Kwame502
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Check out RadioLab
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TercioOfParma)
Some are free, some cost money.

Again, varies by podcast.

I would personally recommend Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Common Sense, The History of Rome, The History of The Ancient World, The Drunken Peasants and Three Moves Ahead.
Dan Carlin is fantastic, as are his appearances on other podcasts :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (143)
24.49%
Pop (142)
24.32%
Jazz (26)
4.45%
Classical (32)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (103)
17.64%