Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps girls will be more of a help here...
    My prob is that my hair is VERY oily..and if I don't wash it every other day..I look ugly!
    Its very long as well ( below my bum!)...and very thick and curly....
    Not the ideal hair what I want...what do I do apart from washing it frequently which is a task with the hair my length (and no, I won't cut it because I LOVE long hair!).....any tips?...

ReputationRep:
    Well I doubt it's good washing hair less than every other day anyway!

ReputationRep:
    my hair gets greasy after 2 days too. doesn't everyones? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    I am under the impression that that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...
    To the person that made this thread: WASH YOUR HAIR MORE FREQUENTLY!

Use shampoo for oily hair. Only use conditioner every other time, and don't use it at all on the roots. Don't use products on the roots either if you can avoid it. That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure that's right. I have dry, curly, short hair, so totally different problems!

ReputationRep:
    My hair is curly, so I normally go three days without it getting too dire!

But when I straighten it I definitely have to wash it after 2 days, 2 days between washes has always been about the norm I thought!

That's nothing. I once went a week before it got greasy. (I don't usually do that at all, I was doing an adventure holiday with only basic facilities, and due to the freezing cold water nobody washed their hair if they didn't need to!)

ReputationRep:
    anyone with hair that long should know that you need to wash it every day !! otherwise you will look like a tramp...

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Thats why they make shampoo, lol.
    I can't imagine going longer than that without washing my hair, mines pretty long too and after one day it pretty much needs washed or it looks like crap.

ReputationRep:
    I wash mine everyday. I thought that was normal! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wake up every morning to a chip-pan hairdo, so it has to be washed every morning. At least you'll be clean and your hair will smell nice if you wash it every day (although I do end up with hedgehog hair for an hour or so....).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    normal for a girl i would have thought... i was mine every 2 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    Use shampoo for oily hair. Only use conditioner every other time, and don't use it at all on the roots. Don't use products on the roots either if you can avoid it. That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure that's right. I have dry, curly, short hair, so totally different problems!
    Thanks...these tips look useful and neat....
    Btw...I do wash my hair evryday.....(come on, I don't want to look ugly)..
    Also, I alsways keep my hair in a plait...does that by any chance make my hair oily?.....

ReputationRep:
    My hair begins to smell (smell, not stink! lol) of some shampooey thing after 2 days. Whenever I have college, I have to wash my hair everynight. When it's the weekend, I can't be bothered unless I'm going out. I use Pantene Pro-V btw.

Oh wait, I'm a guy. What am I doing here talking about hair? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I do too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    My hair begins to smell (smell, not stink! lol) of some shampooey thing after 2 days. Whenever I have college, I have to wash my hair everynight. When it's the weekend, I can't be bothered unless I'm going out. I use Pantene Pro-V btw.

LOL!.....I also have started to use pantene pro V (purple- the one for greasy hair) recently...
    It was herbal essence before and sunsilk.....Which is the best brand for oily hair ppl?..any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Thanks...these tips look useful and neat....
    Btw...I do wash my hair evryday.....(come on, I don't want to look ugly)..
    Also, I alsways keep my hair in a plait...does that by any chance make my hair oily?.....
    If your washing it everday (I'm confused I thought you said you had to wash it every other day? Ah nevermind) Anyway, it shouldn't be greasy unless you sweat alot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)

I was thinking the same thing (but didn't say it).

ReputationRep:
    Well I doubt it's good washing hair less than every other day anyway!
    I wash my hair every day, it keeps it down, otherwise it becomes uncontrollable.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.