Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    But I'm losing mine so I'm not sure if I should

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    But I'm losing mine so I'm not sure if I should
    No u r right...washing it too often does tend to make them fall more....Thats why I am after a cure to get rid of oily hair so that I don't have to wash it this frequently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    No u r right...washing it too often does tend to make them fall more....Thats why I am after a cure to get rid of oily hair so that I don't have to wash it this frequently!
    Talcum Powder is a short term solution. But it only works for about one day, then you have to wash it out ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Talcum Powder is a short term solution. But it only works for about one day, then you have to wash it out ...
    SO, I should just sprinkle powder on my hair and brush it down and style it (or just plait it in my case---can't do anything else with long hair!)

ReputationRep:
    SO, I should just sprinkle powder on my hair and brush it down and style it (or just plait it in my case---can't do anything else with long hair!)
    Yes, but not too much and you will have to wash it out the next day. But I suppose it just means you can go one extra day without washing it.

ReputationRep:
    Even though I have to do it, I hate washing my hair, because I'm so damn lazy and then I have to spend a minute or so afterwards drying it with the hairdrier. Then my hair goes upwards. Normally a good nights sleep shapes it all back down. I wished there was a machine where you could just walk in, press a button and you're all washed! I can't even be bothered to use moouse or gel to control my hair anymore. Gonna cut my hair before I go uni and then dye it brown.

ReputationRep:
    If your hair is dark, I don't recomend it, you'll end up looking gray haired. Either way your hair is still gonna look dull. I'd say just keep to washing it at least every other day like the majority do.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldnt brush or comb your hair too much either (i heard)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    Even though I have to do it, I hate washing my hair, because I'm so damn lazy and then I have to spend a minute or so afterwards drying it with the hairdrier. Then my hair goes upwards. Normally a good nights sleep shapes it all back down. I wished there was a machine where you could just walk in, press a button and you're all washed! I can't even be bothered to use moouse or gel to control my hair anymore. Gonna cut my hair before I go uni and then dye it brown.
    Oh poor baby! A whole minute to dry it! Must be toture, lol.
    Takes me almost a half hour to dry mine with the blowdryer, now quit whining!

ReputationRep:
    Lol..I really wish there was a machine of such sort....
    I guess one adv. if I didn't have time to wash my hair is that I cover my head (being a muslim)...so no one has to see my ugly hair...BUT still, I can't think with oily hair and of course one has to look good for themselves!
    (thanx for the powder trick kieshaxxx)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    If your hair is dark, I don't recomend it, you'll end up looking gray haired. Either way your hair is still gonna look dull. I'd say just keep to washing it at least every other day like the majority do.
    GOOD POINT!!!.can't believe I didn't think of that....I don't want to look like an old lady now do I!!!!
    My hair is a lightish shade of brown.... thanx for warning me or I would've done it!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    How long is your hair?...
    I just leave my hair down (if I am at home ) and let them dry naturally (it makes them very wavy but can't be bothered with a dryer!)...and if I have to go to school or somewhere....tie 'em up in a bun and then when I get back, I leave them down...
    I know its bad for the hair but time is precious!

ReputationRep:
    If you dont wash your hair for a few days...you basically make your own gel. Excellent for when you run out ...

ReputationRep:
    you know that before the times of shampoo when we just rinsed our hair under tropical waterfalls amidst stunning natural beauty, our scalp made it's own natural oils to keep the hair clean. we shampoo our hair all our lives from when we have it washed as a baby to the day we die. this means we frequently wash out the natural oils produced by our scalp, preventing our hair from maintaining a uniform balance of natural oils. it is scientific fact that if you leave your hair without washing it for an extended period of time then your scalp will produce cleansing oils itself and grime will in fact fail to build up (though until you get a balance of oils, your hair would probably go a bit smelly).

anydangway, because of the above i would advise that you might be washing your hair TOO frequently, or with too much cleaning product. just a guess though, dont give up washing your hair.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I could help you! Probably still take 29 minutes though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    If you dont wash your hair for a few days...you basically make your own gel. Excellent for when you run out ...
    LOL......tell me abt it!

ReputationRep:
    How long is your hair?...
    I just leave my hair down (if I am at home ) and let them dry naturally (it makes them very wavy but can't be bothered with a dryer!)...and if I have to go to school or somewhere....tie 'em up in a bun and then when I get back, I leave them down...
    I know its bad for the hair but time is precious!
    Mines alittle more than halfway down my back at the moment, (used to be longer) I do air dry it now and then but, I can't stand all that wet hair hanging down, if I clip it up it crimps it when it drys. I like mine really straight so I usually dry it with a brush attatchment, but it just takes so freakin long.
    I usually wear mine up too, just twist it and clip it. Why do we bother with long hair at all, lol??

ReputationRep:
    i don't wash my hair everyday! i wash it every 3-4 days, it doesn't get dirty before then. (i have shortish-below the shoulder length, straight-wavy hair) i know that some of you will probably find that strange, but it's a true fact that you shouldn't wash your hair so often as you will hardly have any hair left by the time you are in your 50s! the more you wash it the greasier it will get, so if you tried cutting it down to washing it every 2 days if you wash it everyday, then eventually your hair won't get greasy as often.

also you can do the talcum powder thing, i have dark hair and it's fine, you can't tell i have put any on! what you do is take some talcum powder in your hand and rub it in gently where the hair is greasy, don't comb it in! eventually it will absorb the grease in your hair and it will look less greasy, if you rub it in properly it won't look grey.

ReputationRep:
    Use either head and shoulders or john frieda thickening shampoo- And although you like long hair- go to the hairdresser and they may be able to help you- just by trimming it- I would get it cut as it must put one hell of a strain on your neck!
    If your plaiting- don't do it too tight as it stretches the skin=- doesn't look good... but speak to a hairdresser...

ReputationRep:
    I have read that certain shampoos have chemicals which after 1-2 days make your hair greasy for no reason.

Brushing your scalp too much also makes your hair greasy. Also, try not to put conditioner in your scalp, but mainly along the hair and particularly at the ends, and be sure to rinse it out fully. That usually works for my hair!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.