Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,

I have unconditional offers for soas and essex and I am struggling to make my final decision - any input would be good - it's or a senior status law degree

cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend Essex, but that's because I really did not like reading law at SOAS. There are a myriad of problems with the place. Admin is bad. The school's brand name is poor and limits employment outcomes. The faculty is hostile to students. Morale is low. The wankjob teaching property. All very bad things in my opinion. I've provided in-dept reviews of the place (Well, just for the law school) on other threads here, so please refer to them if you're interested in that sort of info

ReputationRep:
    SOAS has a better reputation that Essex imo and a lot of people I've met don't enjoy Essex overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOASllbsurvivor)
    I'd recommend Essex, but that's because I really did not like reading law at SOAS. There are a myriad of problems with the place. Admin is bad. The school's brand name is poor and limits employment outcomes. The faculty is hostile to students. Morale is low. The wankjob teaching property. All very bad things in my opinion. I've provided in-dept reviews of the place (Well, just for the law school) on other threads here, so please refer to them if you're interested in that sort of info
    Was SOAS that bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Was SOAS that bad?
    Yeah, pretty terrible actually. Might even say it was the biggest mistake of my life professionally speaking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOASllbsurvivor)
    Yeah, pretty terrible actually. Might even say it was the biggest mistake of my life professionally speaking.
    Why?
    Was looking to go there through adjustment
    I have seen your posts but what didn't you like? The culture...the people..the teaching?

ReputationRep:
    Warning, take ANY advice from this SOASllbsurvivor with a grain of big salt...

This person is a racist, as evidenced by his post on another topic about SOAS, is "SOAS any good"

This demon on that post wrote:
    If you enjoy SOAS, good for you. I didn't and I know very few classmates who did, so I have no love for that place. The Earth may swallow it whole and never give it back up again for all I care. Especially the ****** who became the head of the law school."

Now, of course, the six letter word, referring to, at that time, the dean of the law
    school, who was Black, is the "N" word, so take care in taking any opinion from
    such a looney-tunes type character...obviously a racist would not get on well
    with the SOAS crowd, if you read his other postings-he resents being taught by
    non-whites, makes several other racially loaded comments, & in general seems
    to be a miserable person wallowing in misery for his failure 9 years later to do
    anything with his university degree, you know-the kind of person who sits in
    their little room in the dark blaming others for their own failures. So take any
    advice, from a rodent such as this very lightly if you want an unbiased
    (no offense to rodents) viewpoint. Full disclosure, I have also been admitted
    into SOAS LLM program and am 100% looking forward to attending this 2017
    Fall.
    By the way

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.