The Student Room Group

Japanese Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LostGear
I plan to sit N5-N1 next year, I need it for my ambition to work and live in Japan :tongue:

What level are you now? N5? Because reaching N1 level by the end of next year is ambitious to say to least. Not to put you off trying or anything!

I might take the N3 this December.
Original post by KeriKG
Anything else?

And particles: no, ni,de, wa, ga, etc. If you can master those two you'll be in for an easy ride :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cll_ws
What level are you now? N5? Because reaching N1 level by the end of next year is ambitious to say to least. Not to put you off trying or anything!

I might take the N3 this December.

The thing is, I have been learning japanese for a while now(On and off) so my level might not even be N5....But I'd like to start somewhere :wink:
Original post by C0balt
I don't live in* not love in loool

I'm not sure yet, depends on how my offers come through :tongue: I'm just starting year 13
Probably not London though. I don't think I'm applying to any of the unis in London

lol ai subarashii ne!

I see, well, I don't think you'll have to worry about your English! It's perfect :O

What do you want to study at uni?
lol ai subarashii ne!

I see, well, I don't think you'll have to worry about your English! It's perfect :O

What do you want to study at uni?

Yup, love is the strongest magic, Dumbledore says :tongue:

Hahaha thanks :smile:

I want to study Natural Sciences of some variation. Physics and chemistry are my love :tongue:
The thing is, I have been learning japanese for a while now(On and off) so my level might not even be N5....But I'd like to start somewhere :wink:

Fair enough. 頑張ってね!:biggrin:

日本で何をしたいです か?
Original post by Cll_ws
Fair enough. 頑張ってね!:biggrin:

日本で何をしたいです か?

Arigatou!

Eigo o oshie tai desu :wink:
Original post by C0balt
Yup, love is the strongest magic, Dumbledore says :tongue:

Hahaha thanks :smile:

I want to study Natural Sciences of some variation. Physics and chemistry are my love :tongue:

Haha indeed! :biggrin:

OMG, Physics! I love it too! :biggrin:. I love all sciences, tbh :wink:

How many kanjis do you know? :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Haha indeed! :biggrin:

OMG, Physics! I love it too! :biggrin:. I love all sciences, tbh :wink:

How many kanjis do you know? :tongue:

:five:

I've never sat down and counted how many kanjis I know :lol:
I am supposed to know all the ones taught in 6 years of primary school. I can read most of articles written in Japanese but I cannot write many kanji. I've been away from Japan for four years now so I've forgotten a lot to be honest!
Original post by C0balt
:five:

I've never sat down and counted how many kanjis I know :lol:
I am supposed to know all the ones taught in 6 years of primary school. I can read most of articles written in Japanese but I cannot write many kanji. I've been away from Japan for four years now so I've forgotten a lot to be honest!

Haha fair enough :smile: If I were to guess, I'd say 2,499 kanjis....

You have been away from Japan for fours years!? no way....I can't imagine being away for so long from Japan of all places....I don't even live in Japan and I get homesick every now and again lol
Haha fair enough :smile: If I were to guess, I'd say 2,499 kanjis....

You have been away from Japan for fours years!? no way....I can't imagine being away for so long from Japan of all places....I don't even live in Japan and I get homesick every now and again lol

Gosh I went to a Japanese restaurant today and I forgot how to read Hong Kong in kanji.... That was embarrassing af lol
Lol homesick? Is it your home? XD
Original post by C0balt
Gosh I went to a Japanese restaurant today and I forgot how to read Hong Kong in kanji.... That was embarrassing af lol
Lol homesick? Is it your home? XD

Omg haha but I never knew such dish(Hong Kong) even existed....."Yes, please, a slice of Hong Kong YUM" lol
Depends who you went with.....
lol oh yess by next year! Fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Omg haha but I never knew such dish(Hong Kong) even existed....."Yes, please, a slice of Hong Kong YUM" lol
Depends who you went with.....
lol oh yess by next year! Fingers crossed! :biggrin:

It wasn't just Hong Kong, it was Hong Kong yakisoba lol
Oh is it already decided? What are you going to do?
Original post by C0balt
It wasn't just Hong Kong, it was Hong Kong yakisoba lol
Oh is it already decided? What are you going to do?

lol
Yakisoba! :coma:
I could it eat it everyday....
Well, more or less, but I need to get through this year first........(uni)
Apply for JET and see how it goes....I really want to spend a year or more(if it works out) there ^_^
lol
Yakisoba! :coma:
I could it eat it everyday....
Well, more or less, but I need to get through this year first........(uni)
Apply for JET and see how it goes....I really want to spend a year or more(if it works out) there ^_^

Oh right! What are you studying at uni?
(Hello! Are you guys still letting newbies in? :wink: If so, nice to meet you all!)
Original post by roarchika
(Hello! Are you guys still letting newbies in? :wink: If so, nice to meet you all!)

ようこそ:smile:
Original post by C0balt
ようこそ:smile:

ありがとう! お元気ですか? あの。。何歳ですか?
(たくさん聞きたいことがありますからごめんなさい!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by roarchika
ありがとう! お元気ですか? あの。。何歳ですか?
(たくさん聞きたいことがありますからごめんなさい!)

元気です :biggrin:
土曜日に17歳になります:tongue:
なんでも聞いてください:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
元気です :biggrin:
土曜日に17歳になります:tongue:
なんでも聞いてください:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

それはよかったですね!では土曜日に誕生日おめでとうございます!そして, ありがとう~ えっと。。。今何を勉強していますか?
(私は来年日本語のGCSEを受けますので、日本語でもっとれんしゅうしたい)
(Some of the kanji are turning up as weird question mark thingies for me, so I hope it's just a problem with TSR + my computer!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending