Do it.

Are you learning it?
Original post by Natalie21
Are you learning it?

はい!
Original post by Emissionspectra
はい!

That means yes right :smile: (Hai?)
Can anybody here write fluently in Japanese and would they be kind enough to translate some work I have done from English into Japanese? I will be forever in debt to you and extremely grateful <3
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Can anybody here write fluently in Japanese and would they be kind enough to translate some work I have done from English into Japanese? I will be forever in debt to you and extremely grateful <3

What is it?
three paragraphs I'm trying to translate so i can memorise them for my gcse writing exam but its taking hours and I'm making so many mistakes :frown:
Original post by Emissionspectra
What is it?

i forgot to quote you!
I know how to read Katakana and Hiragana but learning how to write them now. I know about 50 or so kanji, want to learn enough so I can take JLPT level 5 before I go to uni. :smile:
Original post by SweetChilliSauce
I know how to read Katakana and Hiragana but learning how to write them now. I know about 50 or so kanji, want to learn enough so I can take JLPT level 5 before I go to uni. :smile:

get Hesig remembering the Kanji, it's a must have.
Reply 1909
How did I only just find this thread... :frown:

I'm doing Japanese GCSE, and I've done the reading, listening and speaking tests - just writing next week now! I hope to take it at A-level, but you need an A* to get on my school's course...

Does anyone here do Japanese at A-level/university? I am seriously considering it as at least part of a joint course! :smile:
Reply 1910
I'm spinning spinning unable to find virtual bar, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp/ anime is cool
today discovered could speak Japoanese - tabun anime no okage de.....
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kestral
I'm spinning spinning unable to find virtual bar, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp/ anime is cool
today discovered could speak Japoanese - tabun anime no okage de.....

do itashima****e! :biggrin:
Reply 1912
Original post by lettucesoap
I took Japanese A-Level this year and am looking towards moving to the Land of the Rising Sun itself for university! if you have any questions regard A-level then fire away. :smile:

Ooh! Haha, we'd be here for years if I asked all my questions. :colondollar:
You're of Japanese descent though, right? Did you speak it at home? :s-smilie:
And... how much kanji is generally used at A-level? Thanks so much, that's it... until I collate the next lot of questions. :colone:
Totally planning to do foreign exchange after I finish my A-levels :biggrin:
Original post by R4INBOW
Totally planning to do foreign exchange after I finish my A-levels :biggrin:

nice! have you been before? what part of Japan do you want to go to?
Reply 1915
indeed i do, my mother is Japanese and I speak to her in Japanese as much as I can, its the only proper practice I get. However, we speak in colloquial Japanese only and in the southern Japanese regional dialect, so my formal Japanese is pretty poor.

for AS Japanese, Edexcel give us a list of around 120-150 kanji which we are expected to be familiar with, and they pop up frequently in the exam. They ask us how to read 2 or 3 from an extract they give us. The final essay question which is worth around 40 marks, must have a minimum of 10 AS kanji from the syllabus alongside GCSE kanji to get a shot at full marks. Some of the kanji are really easy though, like 馬 (うま) - horse, or 速い (はやい) - quick.

for A2, the list is pretty much the same amount of kanji, however the kanji level is substantially harder. You get stuff like 姿 (すがた)- figure and 悔い (くい)- regret, which may seem simple but some of the A2 kanji combined, ie 希望 (きぼう)- wish [just thinking off the top of my head] throws people off. But it definitely is rewarding. :smile:

Wow, so up by around 300 kanji for the whole A-level? What writing did you study for A2? :smile: Ok, thank you, this is so helpful! :biggrin:
nice! have you been before? what part of Japan do you want to go to?

No unfortunately :frown: but I love the culture- and not just the anime side of it :wink: I'd probably want to go to either Tokyo or Osaka! It's gonna be hard to choose because both have their perks :angry:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by R4INBOW
No unfortunately :frown: but I love the culture- and not just the anime side of it :wink: I'd probably want to go to either Tokyo or Osaka! It's gonna be hard to choose because both have their perks :angry:

better late than never I suppose! If I had to pick I'd go for Osaka, just because its a tad bit less Westernized than Tokyo, I feel like there's more of the ancient culture there with the temples and whatnot... but in terms of shopping, then its Tokyo without question. :wink:
can i ask a quick question to people that can speak japanese? more specifically about hiragana, basically i started learning hiragana on monday starting by learning the alphabet and i've found on two different sites that the symbol for 'ki' was different :s

ki.png

I know its not the best quality but help would be appreciated :smile:
can i ask a quick question to people that can speak japanese? more specifically about hiragana, basically i started learning hiragana on monday starting by learning the alphabet and i've found on two different sites that the symbol for 'ki' was different :s is there any difference?

ki.png

I know its not the best quality but help would be appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest