Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible, when copying CDs off a computor to CD is it possible to copy the text associated with the tracks too, like the title and artist ect??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Is it possible, when copying CDs off a computor to CD is it possible to copy the text associated with the tracks too, like the title and artist ect??
    yep, which one do you want?
    All you have to do is rightclick on the file and send to CD and then start burning it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    yep, which one do you want?
    All you have to do is rightclick on the file and send to CD and then start burning it.
    but when I do that... only the songs go I want the CD data so that when I upload the CD onto another computor's Windows media player i have to re-enter all the CD data.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what program you're using to rip the CD. Some require you to enter track info manually before ripping (like WinAmp or Jukebox). I can't think of a free one off the top of my head that does it for you. BTW, those programs rip to mp3 format by default.

ReputationRep:
    There's two possible scenarios with CD Text...

1). If you mean the CD text read by Audio CD players and some media players then any program such as Adaptec Easy CD Creator (4 upwards i believe) will write on the name of the audio file the track originates from, for example if i wrote 1.mp3 to a cd then the CD text would be "1" for track (hopefully!)

2). If you want to get track names in media player after you've written the CD, or from a pre recorded CD, they can come from the CDDB on the internet which is a huge database of track lists for well known albums that people have submitted, therefore saving you typing them all in. A good free CD ripper is CDEX (but i forget the website, but Google might find it). This allows you to simply access the CDDB and rip Cds to mp3 and wav (of course providing you own the copyright :P ) and the track/artist/album names make up the filename.

Hope this helps

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.