Turn on thread page Beta

US visa - Research period abroad watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

Have a quick question over US visas, since I can't seem to find the answer anywhere online. I am about to start a History PhD for a UK university in September and my second year will likely involve primary research being undertaken in the US. How long I stay over there is currently up in the air, but I'm curious to know what type of visa I would have to apply for? The research would be for the benefit of a UK institution, so I assumed that it may not be an educational visa? Any help or guidance would be magnificent.

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I don't think it matters who benefits. If you're going to do stuff for your PhD then you're studying so a study visa makes sense. Your uni, the partner uni and the US visa people should really advise you.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.