Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I didn't really get myself into gear until year 12. For my GCSE's I only got 2A*'s, 4B's and 4C's (bad for a potential lawyer I know).

For A level I got ABB in Religious Studies, History and Business Studies. Again I realise this isn't the highest for a lawyer but it does get me through most of the filters.

I now study Philosophy and Politics at Leeds and am on track for a 2:1. I plan to do a GDL.

Anyway, would my GCSE's hinder my chances of being a lawyer or are they not considered so much? Lastly does someone with my qualifications stand a good chance?

I realise I'd have to apply to the more moderate firms (Mishcon De Reya and Eversheds etc)

ReputationRep:
    A lot of firms don't even ask for GCSEs. Those that do will be far more interested in your module grades and A-level results.

The exception might be Maths and English where they might want to see a A/B grade but from my experience many won't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.