Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is following on from my thread about my busted CRT

I've been sent on a search to find the best 37-inch LCD HD-Ready TV.

Does anyone know what the best one is at the moment? Lucky for me, money isn't really an object so everything is welcome - looking for quality, not value. I've been told it needs to be at least £1000.

I want something really good - these Phillips ones with Ambilight seem good.

Thankyou[/i]

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with Samsung imo

The prices come down quickly, I paid the same price as that 37 inch for my 32! Well, I guess that was some time ago now actually.

ReputationRep:
    That looks really good!

Might i add, this is going in a corner, so it needs to have a compatible stand for the floor - not the wall!

ReputationRep:
    look at the

TOSHIBA 37X3030DB (1080p) or SAMSUNG LE37R87BDX (720p)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tagit)
    look at the

TOSHIBA 37X3030DB (1080p) or SAMSUNG LE37R87BDX (720p)
    He had that one linked to in the original post along with two others but they've been removed and "I've been told it needs to be at least £1000." added.

Out of interest, why does it need to be at least a grand?

ReputationRep:
    Well you could stick it on at a low height, a friend has a very large LCD on his wall but the ceilings are pretty low so your head is pretty much level when you watch it. Otherwise yeah, staring up at the wall is a bit silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Out of interest, why does it need to be at least a grand?
    Because then you will get "proper" HD (i.e. not Tesco HD). Ideally you want something made by panasonic, samsumg, sony or any other big name brands. Avoid brand names you can't pronounce

And one which can do 1080P (i.e. 1920x1080 resolution)

ReputationRep:
    Tesco HD = 720p?

ReputationRep:
    from extensive reviews i have been lookign at (both professional and normal users)

the current SONY D3000 seems to be the best but I am only sure its the best 32" out there
    http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...ory=TVP+LCD+TV

It doesnt do FULL HD though (1080p) if you can - perhaps witt for the newer SONYs that are coming -
    but i think it only comes in at 40"

The Philips ambilgihts apparently have greta picture but were prone to faults.

At 37" you could also look at plasmas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir_inferno)
    putting tv's on the wall is silly...i mean you buy an awesome tv so that everyone can look at it and it's nice and big and what not, and then you go and ruin ur experience by having it stuck on a wall so everyone has to tilt their heads up to watch it lol...i mean wtf...
    The centre of the screen should be level with your eyes - so the further back you go the higher you can put it up - but you are right - you shouldnt put it high if you have to move your head up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.