Turn on thread page Beta

International student considering going for msc in London watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am currently considering applying for msc in finance at Imperial and LBS next year. One of my biggest considerations is the costs. For the tuition only, i will have to borrow the equivalent of approximately 18.000 punds (With todays rate). This is because the scholarship and cheap loan i get from the state, just covers about 12.000 pound of the tuition. Besides that, i will have approximately 1000 pounds to live for each month. I will save up some so lets say 1500 pounds to cover living expenses. Is this at all possible? Everyone says i should just drop it and go to HEC Paris or something because of the living costs.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    £1000 is more than enough to live off in London as a student but you will have to budget. Most PhD students get paid about 1300-1500 a month so you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Really? How much should i expect to pay for accommodation?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You can get a range of accommodation from uni halls to room shares to your own place so do some research and work out what you can get for your money. I lived in a house share while I was a PhD student but that was a while ago and prices will have changed.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.