Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some time ago now I asked my Mum to post that Questionnaire and Medical Proforma's off in the envelope titled "CMP". Just about 20 minutes ago she has found this letter in her handbag as she has forgot to post it!!!

Reading back over one of the letters giving to me in the final interview it says that "Failure to return the proforma may result in your attestation being deferred."

What do i do!!! I am soooo worried as my start date is 11th of July and that is in 3 days. I tried calling Halton to find out about what will happen and what i can do about this but was told to ring back tomorrow as no one from admin was there.

Will this postpone my start date?

All the answers on the proforma are no so I hope that means i can now bring it down on the day and get everything sorted for me...

Also I have already filled out these forms before going to my AFCO for my final interview but these proformas went to the AFCO staff at Lincoln. Doe's this mean I have actually filled out the forms and there should be no problem with my start date at Halton?

My heads all over the place here, please can someone put me at ease?

ReputationRep:
    Wtf? I forgot all about this too, although I dont start for another month. Where do these forms get sent?

I got a lot of paperwork to bring home after the final interview and basically forgot to look over it. Just dug it out there and there is a questionnaire about visiting the doctor etc and national Insurance number and bank details which looks like its to be sent somewhere.

I'm sure 'heretohelp' will know whats to be done.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, do you have a envelope with CMP wrote on it? if so, get it done and sent off... yourself

ReputationRep:
    No envelopes were provided. might need to drop an email to one of the corporals up at Glasgow AFCO and get this clarified. On one of the documents there was a list of all the paperwork that I should have been given after the final interview and they are all there except for the envelopes.

I, like yourself, also filled in a similar form before my final interview so maybe this isn't too important.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so mate, I seriously do.

Not sure if I am going to be able to sleep tonight, all i know is im ringing Halton first thing in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    I rang the AFCO at Lincoln and explained my situation. They said that there will be no problem with that just aslong as as nothing has changed. I am still going to take the forms down to Halton just incase they want a copy of it.

ALL HAPPY AGAIN, slept rough last night worring.

Dave

ReputationRep:
    Glad you got it sorted. I suppose filling in forms is one of those things you might have to learn to love!

ReputationRep:
    got a whole load of them to do when I get to Halton, cant wait. Its going to be by far the best part of my training.

Dave

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dave that was a close call mate, glad u got it sorted.
    see u on wednesday
    pete.

ReputationRep:
    In fact, I've just remembered that the corporal at the AFCO told me to take it to Halton with me and said nothing about posting it.

Oh well, I'll get it clarified anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dave that was a close call mate, glad u got it sorted.
    see u on wednesday
    pete.
    Cheers Pete, See ya there

In fact, I've just remembered that the corporal at the AFCO told me to take it to Halton with me and said nothing about posting it.

Yeah would be best to do that. Good luck with your training. When is your training, might see you there?

Dave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thor2007)

The medical proforma, which should be returned attention of the CMP, is part of your change of circumstances which need to be ascertained prior to attest. This should also be covered during your final interview. If you have been given a prescribed drug, are currently ill, have been hospitalised or anything else concerning your medical history has changed since your medical then you would need to be refered to the CMP. I don't believe the Corporal (Cpl Black/Cpl McNally??) would have told you to take this form to Halton as it has no relevance there, more likely they would have told you to bring it in on the day of your final interview.

For anyone that has forgotten to do it and your final interview is past, don't worry about it! Most likely the OC/Recruiter would have covered it during the final interview or Joining instructions/final weight stage.

Good luck to all and remember I'm 'Here to help'

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the insight.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.