Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok ive dyed my hair loads over the past year and had a perm.

ok so all my PERMANANT hair dye has washed out so i left my hair to whatever colour is was after all the diffrent colours which was GINGER not a good colour for my skin tone.
    so 4/5 weeks after my perm i dyed my hair a black/dark blue colour it is a PERMANANT colour and yet IT IS STILL WASHING OUT!!!! wtf???

someone please help me sort out my hair cos the ends are going grey where its washing out and goin back to my rubbish ginger colour, my natural colour is dark brown but im not being ginger for the rest of the year with really bad roots showing.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    i think you should go to the hairdressers and ask them about it
    storebought dyes do damage your hair a lot more than hairdressers dye and theyd probably now how to sort it out

ReputationRep:
    What happens is that when you dye your hair alot, it becomes more porous, so doesn't hold colour aswell. That's why the colour is washing out more quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Or the ginger was too light to dye over with black. Try a lighter coloured dye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interlude88)
    What happens is that when you dye your hair alot, it becomes more porous, so doesn't hold colour aswell. That's why the colour is washing out more quickly.
    but its been like 2 weeks!!!! AND ITS PERMANENT DYE!!!!!!!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    its dying it too much
    my advice is to go and buy a dark semi-perminant colour and try using that - it damages your hair alot less.

ReputationRep:
    What shampoo are you using? Head and Shoulders is notorious for its ability to strip colour from hair. It's best to use one for coloured hair.

ReputationRep:
    oh and wash your hair in cold water - as cold as you can stand, warm water opens the hair folicales (sp) meaning dye fades quicker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_lucie)
    but its been like 2 weeks!!!! AND ITS PERMANENT DYE!!!!!!!:mad:
    Yes, but you've "dyed it loads over the past year".

ReputationRep:
    is there any product i can use to make the hairdye stick more? cos im really noticeable grey now lol i have to always have my hair up which i dont like doing

ReputationRep:
    how about toners? im not sure about how well they work for dark hair but i use an ash blonde one every other time i wash my hair to keep it looking really pale blonde and not yellowish. They sell dark ones too, the best ones are in Superdrug in a little silver bottle for 99p and at the moment its on buy one get one free good luck! xXx

ReputationRep:
    I think you should get to the hairdressers to sort out the colour and get it cut a lot shorter, frankly.

Sorry to be blunt, but I honestly think that's best.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.