Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BSc Computer Science at Queen Mary or Kings College? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody,

I really need your help!
    Having a dilemma. I got an offer from Queen Mary and King College to study Computer Science, but I don't know which one to choose. First of all, if I check top rankings then Kings is better. However, Queen Mary had higher entry requirements compared to Queen Mary. So, I am wondering which one is better in terms of studies, careers prospects and student life?

Thank you so much for you advices in advance!!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dina77)
    Hi everybody,

I really need your help!
    Having a dilemma. I got an offer from Queen Mary and King College to study Computer Science, but I don't know which one to choose. First of all, if I check top rankings then Kings is better. However, Queen Mary had higher entry requirements compared to Queen Mary. So, I am wondering which one is better in terms of studies, careers prospects and student life?

Is this from clearing?
    Entry requirements don't tell you how good the university is. Just what class of student they think they can work with. But rankings aren't important either.
    If you want data you should look at KIS and compare things like drop out rates and other things you might care about. Also look at the grants you could get from both and see if one can give you accommodation.

Lastly you should have a look round if you are still stuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dina77)
    Hi everybody,

I really need your help!

Also keep in mind that Queen Mary is more of a campus university while King's is all over the place. King's is very centrally located, Queen Mary a bit further away. You might want to check out housing options and what is still available at each uni at this point, too.
    Which uni you'd like better definitely depends on your own preferences as well and the environment you'd like to study in.
    I think just visiting both and checking them out will help you.. When I was torn between UCL and LSE I visited both and immediately knew I wanted to attend the LSE.

In terms of career prospects; it's always a wise choice to check subject-specific league tables and consider what exactly you want to be doing later on.
    I know that King's has a pretty good international reputation so if you're interested in going overseas, choosing King's might be a good idea. Some employers are more likely to take an interest in you if they recognise the university you graduated from.
    But that also depends on how competitive your field of work is and stuff like that..

Good luck! I've got a friend at King's who is graduating next year and another at Queen Mary. They are both very happy with their choice. I'm sure you'll be fine no matter where you end up!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.