Turn on thread page Beta

How do I go about getting orthodontic surgery watch

    • Thread Starter

    For 18 months I have had braces on to fix an underbite. My bottom teeth now sit perfectly behind my front teeth.

    However, it has not changed my jaw at all. My smile is still terrible, and I look very unattractive from a side view.

    Has anyone had surgery to fix an under/overbite? If so, how did you go about getting it? Should I mention it to my orthodontist when I get my braces taken off in the next few weeks, or would I have to go directly to the NHS?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Mention it to your orthodontist. I have a friend who had his braces, and then had jaw surgery after they were taken off. Your orthodontist will be able to advise you on what to do next, and likely if you may be eligible to get it on the NHS
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.