Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am engineering graduate from NTU, Singapore and currently working in the software industry.

As part of my summer internships experience, I got the opportunity to work alongside architecture and engineering consultants for buildings. It sparked my interest in architecture.

I am extemely interested in pursuing a masters in architecture in a good school in the Us in two years or so. i am aware of school offering M.Arch course for students from non-related backgorund.

However, I have some queries regarding this:

1. Is it possible to get into the top 10/20 schools in the US for MArch course from a non-related UG degree?

2. What requirements do they look out for? What are their portfolio requirements?

3.Do GRE scores play a vital role? Is it necessary to get recommendations from people in the related field?

4. Also, does you work line matter?

I think I am on the artistic side.I love to sketch, paint, make handicrafts, photography and I have been actively involved in design clubs.

I would love if I could get some inputs on this. Thanks a bunch
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    This is a UK based website so you may not get too much info about US unis. Most of this can be answered by having a look at schools that you're interested in and emailing if unsure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.