Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am getting re-assessed in 3 modules for my Mechanical Engineering programme (I'm in 1st year), however I might not be able to attend the exam and if I do, I highly doubt I will be able to pass it at this stage (long explanation which is somewhat irrelevant).

My question is what happens if I fail the re-assessments for these classes? Would I be allowed to re-sit the exams again in the Winter and Spring diets alongside next year's classes? Or would I be allowed to re-take the year? The Heriot-Watt website is very unclear about this and I would like some clarification about what happens if I fail this re-assessment.

Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Different unis will have different rules. Your best bet is to contact the course admin or leader and your SU to see what they can do. You'd have to have fairly unusual circumstances to be able to keep retaking the exam. You're most likely going to have to re-do the year.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sy_rahman)
    Hello,

I am getting re-assessed in 3 modules for my Mechanical Engineering programme (I'm in 1st year), however I might not be able to attend the exam and if I do, I highly doubt I will be able to pass it at this stage (long explanation which is somewhat irrelevant).

My question is what happens if I fail the re-assessments for these classes? Would I be allowed to re-sit the exams again in the Winter and Spring diets alongside next year's classes? Or would I be allowed to re-take the year? The Heriot-Watt website is very unclear about this and I would like some clarification about what happens if I fail this re-assessment.

Thanks.
    Hi sy_rahman,

Best to contact you personal tutor (academic mentor). It depends on what modules you need to resit. They will be able to give you specific advice. You may also want to contact Student Induction and Transition Team who can help you out too. Their email address is [email protected].

Hope this helps and I hope the issues can be resolved. The university will do all we can to support you.
    Cheers,
    Keir

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.