The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
la_banane_verte
Omg! The Pigeon Detectives! That is so much cooler than Gina G!

i know, the pigeon detectives, how exciting! and the guest dj is reggie yates, thats really cool too. the whole of freshers week looks amazing tbh
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
It really does. And make sure you go to see the hypnotist, cos it is amazingly funny!
looks fun

but what if you don't have a school uniform are you banned from school night?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I volunteered to work behind the scenes when the pigeon detectives are on, its just said 'star' event with live bands, I though it was going to be some crappy local thing! damn, ah well never mind, at least Ill hear them :mad:
Reply 24
I love the pigeon detectives, saw them at the radio 1 big weekend, (and yet somehow managed to miss them at the may ball, despite being there!!) they are really good.
Reply 25
My girlfriend was hypnotised last year, was really funny :biggrin::biggrin:
I tried to be hypnotised last year but it didnt work, might try again this year and if it dosent work again I'll try my luck at taking the p**s :p:
Reply 27
Isn't there a freshers ball?

I can't find one on the flyer.
Lou_
Isn't there a freshers ball?

I can't find one on the flyer.

Yes but its not organised by the union so it wouldnt be advertised by them, I think the Kate Kennedy club do the opening ball, do some research into them and you will probably find some info.
Reply 29
Found it( well I think..the Charity Opening Ball?) thanks :biggrin:

Is it a proper black tie event?! I will need to bring some posh clothes haha.
Lou_
Found it( well I think..the Charity Opening Ball?) thanks :biggrin:

Is it a proper black tie event?! I will need to bring some posh clothes haha.

Kate Kennedy club...... yeah I think its safe to say it will be very, very posh :wink:
Reply 31
I wore a suit and tie (not bow tie) last year and looked okay; but most people do wear tux/kilt type of clothes.
Is this the opening night (this Saturday 22nd) that you're discussing here?
No, it's the opening ball that the KK put on...I think it's the Saturday after the start of term?
Reply 34
Got a little postcard today with all the events on it... and the prices!!!
Omg fresher week is gonna cost so much!
£13 for the gig on Friday!!!

Do you usually end up going to every night event that's on?
Lou_
Got a little postcard today with all the events on it... and the prices!!!
Omg fresher week is gonna cost so much!
£13 for the gig on Friday!!!

Do you usually end up going to every night event that's on?

£13 for the bop? you mean the pigeon detectives on the Saturday? either way I wouldnt pay £13 its a ridiculous price. Usually events are £3-£4 each and last year they did a week pass for about £12, Im surprised they're not doing that this year, but then again last years big act was Gina *******ing G (who sung Oooh Ahhh Just a Little bit) so meby it was a bit cheaper.
Reply 36
Luckily I was anticipating spending more money than that for freshers week. Pigeon Detectives sounds like good fun and I'm looking forward to going to the school clothes night thingy. I've even dug out my disintegrating 5th year tie in case I feel like looking like an idiot. Huzzah!
Reply 37
yeah so far the only thing I have packed is my school tie!
Well despite being 19 and have not actually wore any form of school uniform for real since I was 16 my 'uniform' is packed (my real school tie AND badge included! beat that! :biggrin: ) so I look forward to seeing you all in your school best on next Tuesday! :p:
Reply 39
Steeeeevo
£13 for the bop? you mean the pigeon detectives on the Saturday? either way I wouldnt pay £13 its a ridiculous price. Usually events are £3-£4 each and last year they did a week pass for about £12, Im surprised they're not doing that this year, but then again last years big act was Gina *******ing G (who sung Oooh Ahhh Just a Little bit) so meby it was a bit cheaper.

Yeah sorry I meant the Pigeon Detectives on the Saturday. £13 it is!! Everything else is either £4 or £5 though.

I hope they do a pass thing or something this year.

I can't wait for the school disco! Got my tie and school uniform packed :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending