Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The title is pretty much self explanatory.

Roughly how many lectures a week did you have to attend, and how many practical lessons were there?

ReputationRep:
    Not one yet but I would assume pretty much the same as everyone. Lessons, work (if applicable) then going out or playing games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)

Roughly how many lectures a week did you have to attend, and how many practical lessons were there?
    8 - 10 lectures a week and 4 - 5 practical sessions in the labs, nothing too strenuous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)

Same as iThrow. Always got one day off + Wednesday afternoons off too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iThrow)
    8 - 10 lectures a week and 4 - 5 practical sessions in the labs, nothing too strenuous.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic?

ReputationRep:
    Here's my timetable for first year. Name:  1469119561602.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  81.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic?
    Not at all. When you consider lectures involve mostly just turning up and sitting and listening quietly and making notes, they really are quite relaxing. The lab sessions, if you enjoy using computers/writing code, are a lot of fun. It really isn't that bad.

ReputationRep:
    When I did my course, each module had one two-hour lecture and one-hour tutorial every week (for 12 weeks), four modules in one term. Obviously you can't expect to pass the module without devoting additional time to attempting to understand what you're learning.

ReputationRep:
    Had 8 modules per year. Roughly 20-22 hours per week of timetabled time in uni (including labs, lectures etc.). 4 modules per term, then the last term was purely for exams (and robotics). Extra work on top of that was maybe similar, 20-22 hours as well on average (though some weeks were low and others were very high). Labs were pretty uncommon I think we had about 4 hours per week of those. Mostly lectures for us, occasional problem solving session of 2ish hours with a TA.

ReputationRep:
    During my undergraduate degree (Maths and CS), I usually had 10-12 hours of lectures, 3-5 hours of tutorials/classes, and 2-4 hours of labs (usually one 2-hour session every two weeks for each programming-based course) in a week.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.