Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been told to do my course part time as I got a bit stressed doing it full time in the first year? What are the benefits of doing a part time course and will I enjoy spreading out my degree? All I can think about is graduating after my friends which makes me feel bad. I also feel like ive let myself down because im not doing it full time like everyone else-Am I being hard on myself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomickitten)
    I have been told to do my course part time as I got a bit stressed doing it full time in the first year? What are the benefits of doing a part time course and will I enjoy spreading out my degree? All I can think about is graduating after my friends which makes me feel bad. I also feel like ive let myself down because im not doing it full time like everyone else-Am I being hard on myself?
    Nothing wrong with graduating later than your friends, and you are being hard on yourself.

One benefit of doing a part time course is that you will have much more time, and so can get a full/part time job to support youtself financially. Think about which one will benefit you more.

ReputationRep:
    thank you your advice has really helped

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.