The Student Room Group

Part time v Full time degree

I have been told to do my course part time as I got a bit stressed doing it full time in the first year? What are the benefits of doing a part time course and will I enjoy spreading out my degree? All I can think about is graduating after my friends which makes me feel bad. I also feel like ive let myself down because im not doing it full time like everyone else-Am I being hard on myself?
Reply 1
Original post by atomickitten
I have been told to do my course part time as I got a bit stressed doing it full time in the first year? What are the benefits of doing a part time course and will I enjoy spreading out my degree? All I can think about is graduating after my friends which makes me feel bad. I also feel like ive let myself down because im not doing it full time like everyone else-Am I being hard on myself?

Nothing wrong with graduating later than your friends, and you are being hard on yourself.

One benefit of doing a part time course is that you will have much more time, and so can get a full/part time job to support youtself financially. Think about which one will benefit you more.
thank you your advice has really helped

Quick Reply