Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I keep saying silly things that I am extremely embarrassed about how can I stop this it is making me look bad.I cannot stop but say things without thinking how could one carry oneself better and control oneself?

ReputationRep:
    count to five before saying anything.

ReputationRep:
    Just realise why you freak out. Does it depend on who you're talking to e.g. a crush, or is this just a normal thing e.g. even with your best friend. It's not just you ^.^ we all say things we wish we didn't LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I keep saying silly things that I am extremely embarrassed about how can I stop this it is making me look bad.I cannot stop but say things without thinking how could one carry oneself better and control oneself?
    Op, it starts by not caring how others view you. Remove the preconceived perceptions you might think. It's okay to be quiet and calm, you don't need to talk all the time. Just stand back and listen rather than talk, only talk if your input is needed or would add to any conversation. And think about what you would like to say before speaking.
    For carriage, walk tall, don't look on the ground and walk with a purpose/destination in mind.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I take a deep breath, Look elsewhere ( don't like eye contact) and simply believe what I say.
    I try and pretend I'm talking to someone I like/trust or someone "other" ie. just imaginary. The other thing that I've learnt to do is to not worry about what I say. If it's a stranger i probably won't see them again. If you're trying to "pick up" girls same tactic (though I haven't tried it!).

If you're speaking on a topic, then you will be the most qualified person to speak on it as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    There is nothing wrong with saying stupid things. It is how you deal with them afterwards that counts. Watch how the master does it. Watch and learn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrfPWjA2PdA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.