Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to take a gap year and enter uni in 2006. I don't want to apply in sept 2004. Instead, I would apply in sept 2005. In september, my teacher will write my reference. Since I want to apply in sept 2005, do you think he/she will write the reference this september or in sept 2005?

They should write it this September. Why do you want to apply in September 2005? Unless you're a fan of the new top-up fee system.....is that it?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I want to improve my A-levels, if I don't do well on it.

ReputationRep:
    Get the teacher to write it now and then you keep hold of it and then send it off when you get your ucas form. You never know she may leave the school / college resulting in you not being able to get in contact.

That's stupid. Only plan to take a gap year if you actually want to take a gap year. Then make sure you put the work in next year and try to get the grades first time round. Often universities want higher grades if you're doing re-sits. It's not a clever idea. Why not apply in 2004, and if you do want to go in 2006, apply for deferred entry. Then if you get the grades, it'll all be sorted. If you don't, your firm choice of university might let you in if you do re-sits without you having to go through the whole process again. If the worst comes the the worst, then apply in 2005. Plus, if you apply whilst still at college, your teachers will look over your personal statement. It's much harder to get advice and guidance when you've left college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Get the teacher to write it now and then you keep hold of it and then send it off when you get your ucas form. You never know she may leave the school / college resulting in you not being able to get in contact.
    Alrite, I'll do that. I am applying online though. How can I keep hold of the referece?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    They should write it this September. Why do you want to apply in September 2005? Unless you're a fan of the new top-up fee system.....is that it?
    If you take a gap 2005-2006, you won't pay the higher top up fee.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.