Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I decided to keep kings and imperial (doubt i will meet the offer) as my insurance and firms offer for 2007. but most of my mates will be going brunel

i was wondering will it be easy for me to enter brunel building? would there be brothered?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can walk right into the Campus and buildings (not halls), however for parties, you probably would need to produce an ID.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you have to remember that Brunel campus has a doctor's surgery for the public (which students can use as well obviously), plus a HSBC, a chemists, and a couple of mini marts (CampuStore), so you do get almost anyone walking through. It's quite unsafe really. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bomb go off on campus at some stage.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much anyone can wander onto campus although all the entrances do have high level cctv covering them now. As far as parties in halls go most of the rooms are way to small, and all of the halls have swipe or number card access so you wouldn't generally be able to get into a hall unless you have a friend who lives there and can let you in (or you just hang around outside and follow someone else in)

For the academy (the brunel nightclub) you will be able to come to most nights (some are Brunel students only) if you bring ID and your student card, but a brunel student has to buy your ticket and sign you in (they also take responsibility and can be disciplined, thrown out of uni if you start a fight etc).

Basically if your mates come to brunel you can come down, but if you don't know anyone there's no point in coming as you won't get in anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    How many nights clubs are there in Brunel area?

ReputationRep:
    I wander around like a student often and don't have a problem. The only thing is occasionally when in one of the restaurants you'll get someone come round and ask for ID, or if they are having a club night you might have to show your ID to get in. In this case I have to pay £1 to be a 'guest' of my boyfriend (or any of my friends).

ReputationRep:
    first 3 days you'll be fine, but by then everyone will have received their student ID cards and you won't be able to get in anywhere without them unless you've been registered in advance as another student's guest

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.